Show Us Your Motors!

Doesn't look too hard (famous last words!) it looks like it would all clip off with sufficient persuasion. I woudln't midn betting there is some glue involved in keeping it all in place though too, I really don't know though.

I am told on good authority that there is no glue, it just prises off. (I am looking at E46 cab's at the moment, and will be wanting to change the trim to wood, most of them have that carbon fibre cube effect stuff).

Finally got a decent shot of my new car...

4352189456_68abc8e91b_b.jpg

Carbon Fibre trim was only available on the 3 Series iirc.
So it'd have to be some after-market stuff for the E39.

i know a couple of people who can make you one. Theres a guy on the VXR forums kicking out genuine carbon fibre splitters, diffusers, spoilers, bonnets etc..

all he needs is a part to make a mould from.

But i dont think that on the 3 series its real carbon fibre, so its not like it has to be real. There are loads of very good ways to fake the look now.

Aside though, its not fox's thing so never mind.

Haha, no wanted to get a shadowy look and have the DRL's properly exposed to show them off...

MSM, White one replaced a dealer damaged black one...

Dealer damaged? Care to elaborate?

i know a couple of people who can make you one. Theres a guy on the VXR forums kicking out genuine carbon fibre splitters, diffusers, spoilers, bonnets etc..

all he needs is a part to make a mould from.

But i dont think that on the 3 series its real carbon fibre, so its not like it has to be real. There are loads of very good ways to fake the look now.

Aside though, its not fox's thing so never mind.
Yeh, i was thinking of that cube trim thing.
Not sure if CF would suit an E39 though. Something like a CSL yes, but not not a 530i..

Dealer damaged? Care to elaborate?

My order was completed on sept 1st 09 but unfortunantly the valet swirled the car really badly. I'm cutting a long story short here but after an attempt by an approved paint shop to fix the problem and the dealer putting a rather large gouge in the boot lid they agreed to replace with a new one and gave me £500 compensation. Came out of it quite well appart from the car being a couple of months late.

Awsome Blackhawk :D ....I'd love to know what it sounded like ...looking at the rest of the picure I'd say it was before the time of mobile phones where you could record engine notes and such :p ...pitty.

More "torks" than you can shake a stick at.

Figure you could strap 2 beemers together put the handbrakes on and it would still be able to tow them away.

OK granted there aren't too many practical applications for that, but driving it does give you feeling of absolute unstoppability.

Snow, flood, it doesn't really matter.

After my little 'off' (few pages back) I thought I'd get something sensible. I've owned 10 cars in the past 6.5 years and this is the slowest by a considerable margin ;).

It's a '55 plate Focus Mk2 LX TDCi 110 and it's... brilliant. It cost buttons (no crippling car finance here :p), rides great, has the load space of a small van, handles like a Focus (very nicely), has AC, reasonable stereo, etc, is reasonably well built and does silly MPG. I'll probably eat my words when the DMF and injectors fail but until then... :D

1266369757.jpg

Back
Top Bottom