Show Us Your Motors!

dfkg77.jpg

25a543k.jpg

2w74px0.jpg

[TW]Fox;15974677 said:
What happened to the A6? Isnt that... a bit of a step down?

Me? That A6 was on a 2 year lease, Jan 07 to Jan 09. I've had a couple of 'toy' cars since then and now it's time for something at least a tiny bit respectable.

Granted the Focus isn't something to aspire to but I've got everything I need in a car for a very modest amount of money. Despite being over 4 years old it feels brand new. No loans, no leases, no HP, negligible deprecation, low insurance, low tax and low running costs.

Feel free to take the ****, everyone else does. I feel somewhat the pauper most days when I park it betwixt an Aston Martin DBS and a Ferrari 599 :(.

Edit: Nice polishing job on that Golf :).

The only thing the engine in that shares with the TDCi that has DMF and injector issues is the name and fuel, so you've got no worries there :)

Really? I'm going to take your word for it as I've done very little research. Brief Googling suggests it's actually a PSA engine. It's got full main dealer history so fingers crossed for nice, boring, diesely reliability ;).

Really? I'm going to take your word for it as I've done very little research. Brief Googling suggests it's actually a PSA engine. It's got full main dealer history so fingers crossed for nice, boring, diesely reliability ;).

Indeed - the 2.0 in the Mondeo (like mine) and the 1.8 in the Mk1 Focus were Ford engines. The current TDCi engines are, as you say, PSA engines. I'm sure there's potential trouble spots like any car, but it's not the same engine that people make funny sqealing noises about

Heres my Golf TDI - cost less than my shoes and does 60+MPG all day long.

golf.jpg

I used to be proper into my cars but then I had a little one and my priorities have changed.

Here is my old Rev3 MR2 Turbo - amazing car
mr2_3.jpg

Also - my old Capri 2.8i Special
capri_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom