Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
It's gone a bit mental. I bought my Evo V RS through COVID last year for 22k, by market values as of right now in its current state is a 35-40k car. With any luck, I might break even if I sold it. :cry:

I paid £2.5K for my GT-Four in 2012. Prices are all over the place as there is a lot of rubbish about as when they were cheap a lot were not maintained right but decent ones like mine are going for 20K+ and you are looking at £25-30K to import one.

I do start to worry now if I have a prang as before a front bumper would cost £50-80 and now they are selling for £400+ :(.

Soldato
I paid £2.5K for my GT-Four in 2012. Prices are all over the place as there is a lot of rubbish about as when they were cheap a lot were not maintained right but decent ones like mine are going for 20K+ and you are looking at £25-30K to import one.

I do start to worry now if I have a prang as before a front bumper would cost £50-80 and now they are selling for £400+ :(.

Lol indeed, there is a knock on. Parts are getting harder to source for me also especially with Mitz pulling out of UK/EU

Soldato
First service yesterday so gave the car a clean as I was losing light!

PXL-20210824-064223559-2.jpg

PXL-20210823-193631090-2.jpg

PXL-20210823-193015954.jpg

PXL-20210823-192843755.jpg

PXL-20210823-192852559.jpg

Soldato
A rather tasty Evo VI RS450 sold for £48K @ CC recently :)
Your V is a much cleaner mind.
Thanks! Heard from a couple of people that the RS450 was a little crusty. But then that's to be expected, 60k UK car.

I think the problem is now people are well and truly on the hype train and aren't really sure of what they're buying. The car wasn't even in its original livery.

Took the s2k out yesterday to a local cafe! Buncha Japanese cars turned up.

Beautiful

Soldato
Thanks! No, not really a fan of replicas. These are the og "work ultimate kiwami" from Japan. Took a few months to be made and to arrive but worth the wait. There's a distributor in UK, driftworks.

Ah ok, I thought the answer was going to be something along those lines. I've had a few sets of Rota's in the past for the "look" but can't beat the real deal. Genuine set of Work wheels and brand new imports too, very impressive.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
j34rgWM.jpg

Just ticked over 1000 km in 2.5 weeks. In true hand-built British form, the gear knob came off this evening and the clutch pedal squeaks every time it's depressed.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Should have bought a Toyota? :D

(Love the photo.)
Couldn't live with the Casio clock in the Dash :o
Thanks. I wasn't planning on taking a photo, as it's too fun to stop driving, but it was dusk and though it'd make a nice shot with the Lion's Mound in the background. Did some crappy post-processing on my iPhone and hey-presto. Should totally get myself on insta #yolo #Caterham #dusk #notatoyota

Soldato
Just ticked over 1000 km in 2.5 weeks. In true hand-built British form, the gear knob came off this evening and the clutch pedal squeaks every time it's depressed.

Stunning. Still want one.

Regarding the clutch squeak, funnily enough I've had a similar thing with my car for years and fixed it the other day. It was caused by the pivot point of the clutch fork drying out, and as the slave cylinder sits on top of the bell housing it's fairly easy to access and regrease. Not sure if that's something worth investigating for you if it's annoying.

Couldn't live with the Casio clock in the Dash :o
#notatoyota

HEY :mad:

Soldato
Ah ok, I thought the answer was going to be something along those lines. I've had a few sets of Rota's in the past for the "look" but can't beat the real deal. Genuine set of Work wheels and brand new imports too, very impressive.

Yea the rotas are okay, depends on the car etc. I calculated that getting real works was around 800 quid more which is not crazy when you compare the quality/weight/finish and the fact that they will hold their value. They just about clear the brakes thankfully. My mate tried a credit card in between caliper and spoke on Sunday and it did not fit. That's how close they're :D

Stunning. Remind which blue that is please? looks awesome.

Thank you! It's royal navy blue pearl - rnbp

It does look epic in the sun! A good coat of wax makes a huge difference too.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Stunning. Still want one.

Regarding the clutch squeak, funnily enough I've had a similar thing with my car for years and fixed it the other day. It was caused by the pivot point of the clutch fork drying out, and as the slave cylinder sits on top of the bell housing it's fairly easy to access and regrease. Not sure if that's something worth investigating for you if it's annoying.
Sounds about right. I tried to put some 3-in-ONE on the various elements but access to the clutch pedal assembly in the pedal box requires a contortionist when the car is on the ground. I'll get the dealer to fix it when it's in for it's 1500-km service, which hopefully won't be too far away. I've thrashed it, even though it's probably not using running-in oil, but I'd like to properly abuse the thing, try some silly things and take it over 6,000rpm ASAP.

:D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I picked this up last night. 1 previous owner 16 plate GTI (DSG) with Performance Pack, 19" Santiago's, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Parking pack and reversing camera. I need to take some proper pictures, but for now it's safe to say I'm loving it. :cool:

zaQQvQA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom