Show Us Your Motors!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Thanks - it has 300bhp which isn’t too bad for a non turbo 6 I guess - I certainly haven’t found it lacking in power. Funny you should mention the infestation - this one is full of spiders from sitting in a barn for ages. The previous owner has 3 other cars, plus a chauffeur driven government car so barely used it. I’ll give it a proper clean when I get the chance.

I’m originally from SE London so he has to speak to me in my own language :p
:D :D

Soldato
IMG-4008.jpg

Both cars sold today.

Great plate :D

Man of Honour
That's a really good price, especially for yours considering it looked like a very good example.

I've always wanted to get into one but with the way prices are going I don't think it's worthwhile anymore.

I sold it with all the mods on and all the standard parts. I'd have most likely got more if I stripped it back to standard, sold the car for £15k and then £3-5k for the mods. But then I'd have to pay labour and also deal with selling parts to people on Facebook etc which I am not keen on.

OcUK Staff
I sold it with all the mods on and all the standard parts. I'd have most likely got more if I stripped it back to standard, sold the car for £15k and then £3-5k for the mods. But then I'd have to pay labour and also deal with selling parts to people on Facebook etc which I am not keen on.

Generally it’s just too much hassle, end of day over a year ago you would have got less for the car and now you’ve got strong money for it which helps towards buying a car that’s even better for what you want.

Man of Honour
Generally it’s just too much hassle, end of day over a year ago you would have got less for the car and now you’ve got strong money for it which helps towards buying a car that’s even better for what you want.
Exactly, I took the easy option and now I’m in a great position as I have the whole market to browse.

OcUK Staff
Exactly, I took the easy option and now I’m in a great position as I have the whole market to browse.

This but if you see a car you really really like, but they won't budge on the price, don't lose it because cars are selling really fast in the used market, having just made a recent purchase you have got to be quite fast particular are rarer or very nice examples.

Caporegime
This remind me of people getting excited making x thousand on a house only for them try and buy a bigger house in the same market. Net effect is they are paying more

Soldato
This remind me of people getting excited making x thousand on a house only for them try and buy a bigger house in the same market. Net effect is they are paying more

Really depends on how you perceive these things in that case, doesn't it. With the used enthusiast car market there's not really much of a downside to appreciating classics. Whether you spend more thereafter is that person's prerogative

Soldato
Really depends on how you perceive these things in that case, doesn't it. With the used enthusiast car market there's not really much of a downside to appreciating classics. Whether you spend more thereafter is that person's prerogative

I think what @Simon was trying to say is that in a market where all assets are appreciating, if you buy something more expensive, you're still a buyer that's paying more for said thing. There's no use getting giddy over your asset going up in value when, in real terms, you're no better off - or when buying an even more expensive asset - actually worse off.

The only people who win, as always, are those with multiple assets who can sell theirs at the high value point and buy back in at the low point.

Soldato
I think what @Simon was trying to say is that in a market where all assets are appreciating, if you buy something more expensive, you're still a buyer that's paying more for said thing. There's no use getting giddy over your asset going up in value when, in real terms, you're no better off - or when buying an even more expensive asset - actually worse off.

The only people who win, as always, are those with multiple assets who can sell theirs at the high value point and buy back in at the low point.

Not sure where the common polar opposite of buying a car that depreciates fits into that, though. But yes, that's different.

Soldato
Not sure where the common polar opposite of buying a car that depreciates fits into that, though. But yes, that's different.

Oh, for sure - a typical car doesn't fit in that at all.

I was referring to the point where you said appreciating classics:

With the used enthusiast car market there's not really much of a downside to appreciating classics.

Back
Top Bottom