Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Part ex'd my 1 year old Mk4 ST for the Mk4 ST Edition due to a great trade in price. Also, not passing up the opportunity for a limited edition run.

Whats the difference? Minimal - adjustable coilovers rather than the adaptable suspension (there may be track days in my future), digital dash (which I think might be standard from now on), colour (Azure Blue or RS Nitrous Blue if you are colour blind).
Apparently the UK numbers are limited to 300 for the Edition, much like its Fiesta equivalent.

Not noticed any difference in the ride yet which is supposedly firmer but I always had mine in Sport mode, not tried it in this yet. The steering feels tighter and it was pretty good to start with.
riFPgY9.jpg

Might manage more than 3000 miles this year.

Well that's rather nice. Hope you have many happy miles in it.

Soldato
Part ex'd my 1 year old Mk4 ST for the Mk4 ST Edition due to a great trade in price. Also, not passing up the opportunity for a limited edition run.

Whats the difference? Minimal - adjustable coilovers rather than the adaptable suspension (there may be track days in my future), digital dash (which I think might be standard from now on), colour (Azure Blue or RS Nitrous Blue if you are colour blind).
Apparently the UK numbers are limited to 300 for the Edition, much like its Fiesta equivalent.

Not noticed any difference in the ride yet which is supposedly firmer but I always had mine in Sport mode, not tried it in this yet. The steering feels tighter and it was pretty good to start with.

riFPgY9.jpg

Might manage more than 3000 miles this year.
Any missing kit due to chip shortage? Have colleagues with no reversing camera and all sorts...

Man of Honour
Mrs and I just got a Tiguan as a dog/family car.

IMG-4332.jpg

R-Line, 180 bhp petrol, DSG, 4WD, panoramic roof, electric tailgate and leather interior. The leather is really, really nice.

Last edited:
Caporegime
VW Tiguans and Toauregs are vastly under rated IMO. You get a lot more kit and a nicer car and much cheaper than going for the equivalent Audi/BMW/Merc/Porsche IMO.

Man of Honour
VW Tiguans and Toauregs are vastly under rated IMO. You get a lot more kit and a nicer car and much cheaper than going for the equivalent Audi/BMW/Merc/Porsche IMO.
Same conclusion I came to after looking at all the options. We did consider the cheaper Skoda and Seat options but ultimately she didn't like the way they looked so we went with the Tiguan. The Macan was briefly on the cards but we'd end up with an older one to fall within budget and also the V6 diesel.

Soldato
Generally you put the dog in the boot not on the seats..
There's no leather in the boot.
Well yes of course. That would be the ideal use case of the boot if you had a dog.
BUT, the majority of dogs I see whilst traveling have their head stuck out a back window whilst standing on the rear seats.

ofc I'm aware that there are going to be many more owners of dogs who I don't register because i cant see the dog in the boot of the car.

Man of Honour
Well yes of course. That would be the ideal use case of the boot if you had a dog.
BUT, the majority of dogs I see whilst traveling have their head stuck out a back window whilst standing on the rear seats.

That's the choice of the owner isn't it. None of the dogs in my family (I don't have one myself) travel anywhere but in the boot. Consequently the boot becomes a mess of dog hair but the main cabin does not.

I can't see how loose dogs in the passenger cabin are safe.

Caporegime
That's the choice of the owner isn't it. None of the dogs in my family (I don't have one myself) travel anywhere but in the boot. Consequently the boot becomes a mess of dog hair but the main cabin does not.

I can't see how loose dogs in the passenger cabin are safe.

A lot of people have them in a harness clipped into the seatbelt (or I hope they do, as in a crash that dog is going to be flying forward at some speed!

Plus there is a massive market in rear seat coverings designed to keep the dog off the seats. My gf had one with her old car as the she was a vat and the boot was full of drugs and equipment so the dogs had to live on the back seat. It fully covered everything and when she sold her car, her rear leather seats were still perfect.

Of course not all dog owners do this, I saw the local lord in his aston martin convertible this summer with both his gun dogs sat on the bare leather seats! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom