Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I suspect cars like this will continue to have demand, a throw back to the good old days.

The surplus will be run of the mill cars, eventual scrap.
Across all the brands and their special variants over the many years, there'll be loads of cars IMO.

Non ULEZ compliant cars even less desirable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had the old car serviced and then survived a 250 mile round trip to Cambridge including a brisk 3am trip back home.

Car-yo.jpg

Are you guys still into arch gaps?

Since this photo I've had some MOT advisories fixed including a misty shock absorber front x2. The garage ended up changing the springs too x2 without telling me (they were very corroded). The car now sits like this...

PXL-20220705-090808803.jpg
On the plus side it rides much nicer now that I have shock absorbers and springs that actually work but it would have been nice to have some input into the set up if we were going to be changing it all..

I don't suppose springs and shocks 'settle' and it will sink a bit closer over time?

OcUK Staff
Had a busy but fun weekend.

Friday drifting MX5's - 40 laps so about an hour, highly recommend it, superb fun at Drift Limits Hemel Hempstead, was in the car for 50-60 minutes having so much fun took the tyre down to the cords. :D
Saturday Stars & Stripes at Tatton Park - Good turn out, lots of stunning cars!
Sunday drive out to Wales with friends - The GT3 is a weapon!

drift0.jpg
drift1.jpg

vette.jpg

GT3_lake_lowres.jpg

cars4lowres.jpg

cars1.jpg

cars5.jpg

Not a bad weekend all round. :D

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo Drift Limits is literally 5 mins from me, yet I've still not been there!

I highly recommend the drift, but go gold package and in hindsight I should have gone with the 350Z option but I made mistake of thinking the MX5 would be easier, still in the end I got the hang of it, amazing fun having an MX5 for an hour in a big open car park with a wet figure of 8 track to prat around on. :D

OcUK Staff
I would have thought the mx5 too, did they say the 350z was easier?

Yep instructor said due to the slightly longer wheel base but more importantly the extra torque from the V6 means it is easier to hold mid slight than the MX5, but what he did say is if you master the MX5 means you'd be a DK in the 350Z. I found it huge fun and an hour of drifting is quite tiring, I just wish I was closer to them as I'd be back tomorrow doing the 350Z option. They also have a Lexus Sedan as well but he said not to even bother with as it needs a lot of clutch kicking.

Highly recommend it, the MX5 have welded differentials so come out easy, not sure if the 350Z do as did not go into mechanical details on the 350Z with him. They are also filming the next Fast and Furious film in the same location as well, lot of Warner Brothers tents up down the run way and cars running up and down.

I really wanted to have a go in the Bullit 67 Mustang Fastback they have but it was broken, just wanted to see how it drove, was not even interested in going fast in it but unfortunately as an experience car means it spends more time in for repair than been driven.

Soldato
I’d personally take the original defender, panel gaps too over the new one. Getting a nice 90 or 110 with a bowler fast road conversion would be my ideal no nonsense do it all car however an ioniq 5 in “N” spec if they ever bring one to market will be what I’d buy.

I just couldn’t do the new shape and given the vast amount of issues I had with a brand new jag that uses much of the same infotainment I would rather stay well clear. One other thing I’ve unfortunately noticed is that they’re all driven by a certain not so favourable demographic (essentially criminals) around where I am or house blonde mouthy girls taking daddy’s car out to sit in McDonald’s car park on an evening where by your then association is of that car and that person… I’d rather have haemorrhoids.

I think a car needs to be considered for the attention it brings you as well as how you feel with it and to an extend that is driven by where you live and those around you. If it attracts the wrong attention you always feel as though you are being watched for the wrong reasons although with some of my past car choices I am a little hypocritical.

Older and more boring now I think.

Oh and hi @Gibbo ! Been a while!
Classic AM.

OcUK Staff
mustang 67 fastback is a my classic car dream car
prefer modern cars though !

Yes stunning cars!

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

Pictures for you, I suspect its not an original Bullit because if it was I doubt they'd be using it as an experience car as no doubt be worth a fortune.

The last picture however is a real BOSS 302 that was at Tatton Park at weekend, gentlemen found it in Vegas in a barn, purchased it for 60k I think, then sent to somewhere in America to have the mechanicals fully refreshed state side at a cost of around 20k and had it shipped over.

Crazy rare car that is now just in need of a full body restoration and paint, as the paint is cracking and peeling which is his next step but he will then have a car thats worth around 150k with all the right options with the shaker hood, stripes, manual in Calypso Orange.

Back
Top Bottom