Show Us Your Motors!

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
First quick one from the 100s I have to trawl through!

Nice shot! I wonder how fast I was going there - I know I was over 140mph past the pit exit yellow line as I'd changed up into 5th. Doing the charity laps was a right laugh, got some amazing reactions from people who genuinely have no idea what a fast car is like :D

Associate
Bit leftfield. But my 2019 Daihatsu Hijet, 660cc 3 cyclinder 4wd :D
20220711-104224.jpg

OcUK Staff
Nice, beautiful looking car. I'm not familiar with Jaguars badging (not sure what denotes performance vs trim), is that the supercharged V8?

1 rectangle centre pipe = 4 pot with 300PS
2 round centre pipes = V6 with upto 400PS
4 round pipes, 2 either side = V8 with 450 - 600PS

The V8 are the one to have, the V6 to me just felt plain slow, sound as good as the V8 more or less but I found them boring, the V8 feels twice as fast, it is not but the fact it feels it is what makes it a winning recipe.

Associate
The V8 F-types sound epic. I was following one the other week and lowered my windows so I could enjoy the aural pleasure.
It's incredibly addictive! I kind of feel the newer P450/Rs are a nice sweet spot of great noise but not too many pops and bangs. You get the odd one on overrun or quick gear change but not whilst cruising

Soldato

The V8 are the one to have, the V6 to me just felt plain slow, sound as good as the V8 more or less but I found them boring, the V8 feels twice as fast, it is not but the fact it feels it is what makes it a winning recipe.

Good to know! It's also how people know they're following my 'wanna be a Quadrifoglio' Veloce Ti :(

Caporegime

Lol at the V6 feels slow comment. Suppose it all depends what other cars you drive daily (looking at your garage Gibbo ;) )

There are other major differences though as the V6 comes in RWD and with a manual gearbox and sound wise i think the V6 when pushed to high revs sounds more like a F1 car whereas the v8 has the low down rumble.

Both are excellent cars IMO and horses for courses.

Man of Honour
Lol at the V6 feels slow comment. Suppose it all depends what other cars you drive daily (looking at your garage Gibbo ;) )

Personally never really bought a V6 for speed - just more enjoyable to drive with usually a more progressive power delivery and refinement over a 4 pot and lazy torque without the (usually) MPG drop of a V8.

OcUK Staff

There are other major differences though as the V6 comes in RWD and with a manual gearbox and sound wise i think the V6 when pushed to high revs sounds more like a F1 car whereas the v8 has the low down rumble.

Both are excellent cars IMO and horses for courses.

Well this was before I had a fleet lol.
I was moving out the Mustang at the time and Jaguar gave me a V6 RWD to which I was hugely disappointed in apart from the way it looked and sounded, but to me it felt slow.
I was then offered a go in an SVR and it felt bonkers fast in comparison, having also driven the older RWD V8 convertible, for me the V8 has way more put you back in the seat as to speak, even the earlier V8's, but the SVR was an epic car.

I am not so much a numbers guy but a more how fast does it feel kind of person, I've driven a 720S which is absolutely absurdly fast but to me it just never came alive unless your happy to do drive on public roads at 130mph plus, I don't see the point at all if a car feels somewhat dull at legal speeds or has no personality as to speak. I buy my cars for use and fun on the road, the SVR felt like a hot rod, the 458 that replaced it was slower on paper than any other car I drove, but where it absolutely killed the competition was how it felt to drive and how it was fun at legal speeds, newer Ferrari's unfortunately have lost this, except for the 812 which also feels bonkers at any speed, though people who have driven the new 296GTB say Ferrari has got the magic of fun back at legal speeds.

OcUK Staff
Personally never really bought a V6 for speed - just more enjoyable to drive with usually a more progressive power delivery and refinement over a 4 pot and lazy torque without the (usually) MPG drop of a V8.

The V6 and V8 F-Types are about the same fuel economy wise, as the V6 is essentially the V8 just with the engine modified to be a V6, as such no real weight saving or real mpg gain in the real world I could see 38mpg out of the SVR on a run due to the 8 speed ZF which for a 600PS car is impressive, the 458 and GT3 could only ever dream of such figures and both have less power and less weight to carry.

Underboss

U still got pics of your one? Was yours older than this one or about the same?

Soldato
U still got pics of your one? Was yours older than this one or about the same?

Back
Top Bottom