Show Us Your Motors!

You really are obsessed with having a new numberplate aren't you.

Yeah, like, totally! I simply can't get past it.

[TW]Fox;16170888 said:
It's all that matters to him, even to the extent he'll drive around in a Golf 1.4 instead of the R32 he really wanted just so he can have the 'latest' Golf.

Things aren't always as black and white as you would have them be ;).

010zo.jpg

Well you've done a great job of prepping it for sale, looks very smart. However the personalised numberplate choice is an odd one, as it makes it look older than it really is.

Yeah, like, totally! I simply can't get past it.

You can't. Classic example is the pic above. Why leave the 09 there? Either for a sales ad to prove it's age or to show off.

You can't. Classic example is the pic above. Why leave the 09 there? Either for a sales ad to prove it's age or to show off.

Show off? So you are impressed by my 09 plate? :cool:

I washed and waxed it specifically with a view to creating pics that I can use in any future for sale advert, while the car's still really new. That said, I still would have left the 09 in there had I not been doing that, as some people may be curious as to when the car was built. There's nothing deeper than that involved here.

Show off? So you are impressed by my 09 plate? :cool:

I washed and waxed it specifically with a view to creating pics that I can use in any future for sale advert, while the car's still really new. That said, I still would have left the 09 in there had I not been doing that, as some people may be curious as to when the car was built. There's nothing deeper than that involved here.

Not at all. You can show off but it doesn't mean people will be impressed ;)

So if you come to sell in 2 years time and it's all battered and car park damaged you'll advertise it with the above pics. :cool:

:confused:

Ooooh so that's how it works, the owner takes a picture when they just get the car, uses it in the adverts but when you view it, the car is nowhere near as good. Excellent.

Not at all. You can show off but it doesn't mean people will be impressed ;)

What makes it showing off then, if it's not and couldn't even possibly considered by anyone in their right minds, impressive? I've explained why I and many others leave the plate date showing on their car pics, take it or leave it. I have always left the plate date visible on car pics, even when posting pics of my old Fiesta years ago. I suppose I was showing off then also?

If nothing else, it saves having to answer possible questions as to the age of the car and it is no extra effort to do so compared to hiding the entire plate.

Also, don't forget the possibility that I post on other forums that are full of new Golfs, when I also leave the date visible for people's information as to what build date I'm likely to have. Should I have two different sets of photos, one with plate date showing and one without, just so peterattheboro on OcUK doesn't get upset about the fact that he could only afford a second hand Mondeo? ;)

So a few years down the line you can use these photos to show the 'true' condition of the vehicle... I like your thinking.

So if you come to sell in 2 years time and it's all battered and car park damaged you'll advertise it with the above pics. :cool:

:confused:

Ooooh so that's how it works, the owner takes a picture when they just get the car, uses it in the adverts but when you view it, the car is nowhere near as good. Excellent.

I would only use the photos if it was still a fair reflection of the vehicle's condition.

Should I have two different sets of photos, one with plate date showing and one without, just so peterattheboro on OcUK doesn't get upset about the fact that he could only afford a second hand Mondeo? ;)

This just sums you up. You are obsessed with your cars age to to the extent it dominates most discussions you have and fuels most criticisms you can think of about other peoples cars.

You didnt take those pics for a future 'For Sale' advert at all, you left the 09 in because its one of the things you like most about your car, making up silly stories about how you took them 3 years in advance of selling it don't fool anyone.

Should I have two different sets of photos, one with plate date showing and one without, just so peterattheboro on OcUK doesn't get upset about the fact that he could only afford a second hand Mondeo? ;)

A second hand Mondeo that cost about a 1/3rd of yours, but will still beat it in pretty much all areas.

Wow. Just wow.

I don't know why you're so arrogant anyway - you own a 1.4 Golf. (Y)

I don't know why you're so arrogant anyway - you own a 1.4 Golf. (Y)

I think he genuinelly beleives the reasons we chose the cars we do are because we cannot afford to buy a car like his. He beleives this makes him superior, he tries really hard to convince us this isn't the case but its so obvious in every post he makes.

I bet most of us could afford a faceless new hatchback if we wanted but as we are actually INTERESTED in cars we chose to take something older and instead spend money on the extra costs associated with interesting cars.

[TW]Fox;16173720 said:
I think he genuinelly beleives the reasons we chose the cars we do are because we cannot afford to buy a car like his. He beleives this makes him superior, he tries really hard to convince us this isn't the case but its so obvious in every post he makes.

I bet most of us could afford a faceless new hatchback if we wanted but as we are actually INTERESTED in cars we chose to take something older and instead spend money on the extra costs associated with interesting cars.

Well he's partly right, I can't afford to buy some of the cars I would like to own, but a Golf sure as hell isn't one of them.

Sure, I could have bought a 10 plate Golf if I had really wanted to :p ...I can't think of many things I would rather do less though.

[TW]Fox;16173564 said:
you left the 09 in because its one of the things you like most about your car, making up silly stories about how you took them 3 years in advance of selling it don't fool anyone.

Yeah, cause I'm desperate to fool internet people! Repeating the same points louder than someone else doesn't make it any more convincing. See my answer already posted:

That said, I still would have left the 09 in there had I not been doing that, as some people may be curious as to when the car was built.

I'm fairly sure you leave your reg year in pics of your car...? This is no different, no matter how much you bleat about it.

Yeah, cause I'm desperate to fool internet people! Repeating the same points louder than someone else doesn't make it any more convincing. See my answer already posted:

Don't buy it, but sure ;)

I'm fairly sure you leave your reg year in pics of your car...? This is no different, no matter how much you bleat about it.

My registration year is not displayed on my car.

A second hand Mondeo that cost about a 1/3rd of yours, but will still beat it in pretty much all areas.

Except for the crucial area: I don't want one.

[TW]Fox;16173720 said:

No, but I do wonder why peterattheboro is so upset about me simply leaving a reg year in my car pic. Honestly, like a bunch of old women :D. Whatever you believe to be obvious, is not always necessarily the case, as you have aptly demonstrated on countless occasions.

[TW]Fox;16173846 said:
Don't buy it, but sure ;)

Yeah, I think we gathered that, but thanks for clearing it up.

[TW]Fox;16173846 said:
My registration year is not displayed on my car.

Have you never posted a picture of one of your cars with the reg plate year showing?

Back
Top Bottom