Show Us Your Motors!

Looks like a really ace little car. Pity they don't do a convertible version.

Agreed would be interested then. For me the raw power makes no sense as speeding here is going to give me a 6 figure bill....so I much prefer cars where I can enjoy the ambiance/sounds more which makes it mandatory for me and cabrio' . Okay the tesla doesn't count but that's just for the run around and moving a lot of people when required etc.

My ‘daily’ 2007 W204 C220 CDI Elegance. I really love the aesthetics of this car, it’s the quintessential Mercedes in my mind. W204 was a high point for Mercedes design IMO, and was the first real ‘new age’ Mercedes of its era after a decade before of questionable quality. It’s everything I like in a car and the antithesis of modern car design. Conservative styling and sensible proportions, retains the classic Star on the bonnet and grille. Sensible size wheels, analogue gauges, no stupid overly fussy safety features, simple controls with buttons. No sporting pretence, suspension not crafted for track use.

Still entirely usable (for me). I wish it were a petrol but that’s ok. Has done 76k, I maintain it quite fastidiously. Recent full wheel refurb with genuine badges, new rear subframe (under warranty). You get the idea.

Covered 4000 miles in the A110S now, it continues to be a totally amazing car.

Did the trip down to Goodwood on Wednesday and returned an impressive 46mpg whilst cruising at around the speed limit.
Car is just so capable and a good all rounder, the boots though small were perfectly adequate to accommodate both our packing with space left spare.

At the weekend we went for a 200 mile drive around some cracking roads in Wales, was an absolute blast of a drive and great fun. It is so fresh to drive a car and have no worries on narrow lanes and to be able to enjoy it, so fresh to have such a modern car that weighs in at 1100kg and is so small with amazing handling. It feels so dialled in and so involving even at 50-60mph, but has the ability to do some big speeds if you so wish.

p2.jpg p3.jpg p4.jpg p5.jpg p1.jpg

Anyone who has not driven one, go take one out, I love the fact in comfort auto it is a relaxed cruiser and great in busy towns, then flick it to sport or track mode when a great road appears or a track day for some epic driving fun. :)

Mega cheap to run, 3.9s to 60, 50mpg ability and true incredible handling dynamics that only a mid-engine lightweight car can give. All the performance you need on the road and you can use it all.

Gave the RA a well deserved clean after Le Mans last month and Nurburgring this month. 4 years and 8K miles and done 3K in the last month.

Controversial but I prefered the Impreza to Evo at the 'Ring. Not as quick but just felt more planted. Managed 14 laps which is pretty good going IMO. Behaved impeccably.

I've tentatively put the Evo up for sale. I'm quite keen to get into a 718 GT4 (or 991 Turbo/GTS they seem similar price points) so both will have to go if I make that move.

53857770101_d38160949c_c.jpg

Last edited:
Gave the RA a well deserved clean after Le Mans last month and Nurburgring this month. 4 years and 8K miles and done 3K in the last month.

Controversial but I prefered the Impreza to Evo at the 'Ring. Not as quick but just felt more planted. Managed 14 laps which is pretty good going IMO. Behaved impeccably.

I've tentatively put the Evo up for sale. I'm quite keen to get into a 718 GT4 (or 991 Turbo/GTS they seem similar price points) so both will have to go if I make that move.

53857770101_d38160949c_c.jpg

Make sure you drive both buddy and buy aggressively Porsche bubble has popped.

718 GT4 PDK - avoid the manual gearing too long, amazing cars, impeccable chassis and though even in PDK gearing is still a little long the improved 4.0l in the 718 has the power and torque, be amazing at the ring, but they do require you to push very hard. Of course the manual is great, just gearing is too long as it is and the manual is longer still, but 70k for a manual and 80k for a PDK is money well spent, get the spec right though, buckets, PDLS, Bose etc.
911 Turbo/GTS - Assuming both turbo motors are not as focused as the Cayman. I'd also argue that a well purchased 718 GT4 will hold its money far better than the 911.

If you sell the EVO, stick it up at big money and don't let it go cheap, when the right buyer comes along they will give strong money.

Make sure you drive both buddy and buy aggressively Porsche bubble has popped.

718 GT4 PDK - avoid the manual gearing too long, amazing cars, impeccable chassis and though even in PDK gearing is still a little long the improved 4.0l in the 718 has the power and torque, be amazing at the ring, but they do require you to push very hard. Of course the manual is great, just gearing is too long as it is and the manual is longer still, but 70k for a manual and 80k for a PDK is money well spent, get the spec right though, buckets, PDLS, Bose etc.
911 Turbo/GTS - Assuming both turbo motors are not as focused as the Cayman. I'd also argue that a well purchased 718 GT4 will hold its money far better than the 911.

If you sell the EVO, stick it up at big money and don't let it go cheap, when the right buyer comes along they will give strong money.
The Evo is at the higher end of the market so we'll see. I don't need the money so can take as long as it needs.

With both JDMs sold and a bit from me, I'll have a £75K budget. Don't want to go higher. I'll need to drive both manual and PDK before committing to either one.

Off topic a bit but - they seem reliable, not too heavy on servicing? I'm conscious of going from cars that aren't the end of the world if they break to something that could give me a horrendous bill. Last Ring trip one of he lads brought a 540 Mac which was cheaper than my budget. Cool car but I've not go the pockets for something like that if it breaks.

My preference is the GT4 4.0, 911 later when I want something more refined :) only two seats which is a bit of an issue with the kids but they're getting older and don't give a monkeys about cars.

The Evo is at the higher end of the market so we'll see. I don't need the money so can take as long as it needs.

With both JDMs sold and a bit from me, I'll have a £75K budget. Don't want to go higher. I'll need to drive both manual and PDK before committing to either one.

Off topic a bit but - they seem reliable, not too heavy on servicing? I'm conscious of going from cars that aren't the end of the world if they break to something that could give me a horrendous bill. Last Ring trip one of he lads brought a 540 Mac which was cheaper than my budget. Cool car but I've not go the pockets for something like that if it breaks.

My preference is the GT4 4.0, 911 later when I want something more refined :) only two seats which is a bit of an issue with the kids but they're getting older and don't give a monkeys about cars.

718 GT4 - Great buy, extended warranty is about £800 per year which covers the entire car, if your going to track it try to find one with steel brakes, as then you won't be worrying over damaging the ceramics and getting a huge bill to change them. They are reliable but tend to eat engine mounts and a few other little niggles but the extended warranty covers them and at less than a grand per year to extend you would be crazy not to do for the peace of mind.

Also don't dismiss a 991.1 GT3 - extended warranted still covers the engines and plenty now about with G series motors fitted to them, warranty is around £1600 per year but again covers the car, again get one with steel brakes and they can be had for 75-80k now, also it is possible to retrofit back seats in a 991.1 GT3 as long as its not a clubsport (rear cage spec) car. Just as an FYI. :)

Another car which may or may not have come on your radar but is also an absolute bargain is the AMG GTR, seen a couple floating around the 90k mark, as with all things if you fancied one might be possible for around 80k.

Current market is very weak, deals to be done on newer stuff it is only older stuff like your EVO and very limited editions that are still fetching strong money. Also if you want a manual GT4 then don't dismiss the 981 GT4 as they can be had now for 55-60k quite easily, FYI.

Last edited:

Thank you. Very much appreciated. Warranty prices are surprisingly reasonable. I'm in selling mode at the moment, bailing on the "evil private landlord" game so once everything is paid down etc, I'll see where I am.

Hadn't really looked at other stuff. I do like the sound of the AMG. One passed us just before Pflanzgarten at the ring and I thought I was doing well getting the scoob off the ground, the AMG seemed to take off! It was off the ground for ages in comparison. :D

I'm not sure you understand the speed limiter law.
It's on new cars and you can turn it off.

This even our incoming MK2 GR Yaris does not have a speed limiter and I am not interested generally in new cars and the only EV that got me interested is the A290 which also won't have a speed limiter.

Maybe @ShiWarrior is confused but it won't be effecting me in anyway and generally not any car owners even those buying new as it can be turned off.

I can drive at 200mph in my McLaren and will be able to do so today, tomorrow and in the future, of course ideally on a race circuit or airfield, if I do it on the M6 I best not get caught. ;) :D

Last edited:
Be interesting how that works out as you are definitely getting the Yaris after 7th July 2024.

Trust me if the car had a hard limiter that cannot be disabled, the order will be cancelled.
At most it will have an annoying beep warning sound/message which can no doubt be disabled within a menu.

Likely to be just hints to remind you than any hard stops - probably spills over from the other thread talking speed limiters.

The systems will be required on all new cars sold from July 7 2024, with even unsold factory-fresh showroom examples needing to be retrofitted with the technology after that date. With the recent confirmation of the UK’s adoption of the technology came interesting news from the Department for Transport, stating that it expects limiters 'to give drivers feedback when the speed limit is exceeded rather than limiting the speed' with a reduction in engine power as previously understood.

Likely to be just hints to remind you than any hard stops - probably spills over from the other thread talking speed limiters.

Correct, any car that tries to hard stop or reduce engine power would be completely of my radar. Warning messages/beeps I don't mind and in most cases just with stuff like lane assist can be switched of with a button press.

With the MK1 GR every time I drove it I had a start procedure which was track mode, traction off, lane assist off so worse case the new MK2 will have one extra button press or a menu to enter to disable said feature. Such things has never bothered me as when I had my M3 CSL it was same but different, get in start up, sport mode on, DSC off and gearbox set to S6 for kick in the ribs shifting pattern. :D

I'd like to sunderstand what Toyota have said to convince you its ok though?

IPACE is same with speed bongs, thankfully two press on the new driver assistance specific button on steering wheel and its gone. :D

Toyota GB themselves make no mention of it on the detailed spec PDF's and discussing with Toyota UK they had no idea, the two cars at Goodwood which were RHD, one AUTO and one Manual according to those who had driven it, both had no speed limiters but these cars were maybe classed as prototypes and as such bypassed any rules but again the people driving them were not engineers or those making rules and were also on a hill climb so if a limiter was present the car maybe knew it was on a hill climb?

Dealers have their demo's landing now and so far the demo's have no speed limiters it seems. Worse case I guess happens is the car has some annoying bong you cannot disable, thankfully with how rare this first batch of cars is I can no doubt easily flip the car it is has some annoying feature so in the end it is a none issue for me, no speed limiter cool I get one of the first MK2's and if its got a speed limiter that is really annoying I can just flip it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom