Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Bet you were bored as hell tho....... theres only just over 200miles of motorway in Scotland and the longest can't be more than 90 miles

I bet I wasn't. The scenery was beautiful and, at times, breath taking. We went to a wedding in St. Andrews, then crossed the country to Loch Lochy via a friend in Glasgow, then headed north to Skye etc. All in a Golf, can you imagine?!

I guess we covered a lot of miles on long straight trunk roads that weren't officially motorways, but 'Scotland and its roads' is another thread I think.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I think it was to fit in the company car scheme wasn't it?
Either way, some people prefer have a full spec mid-range model than a basic one further up the range.

Associate
Looks ace! :cool:

Relentless81; said:
Audi Ibis white is a lovely colour

Thanks!

Gerard; said:
Nice looking, but how long does it stay clean for?

Longer than you'd think, it doesnt show the dust and water marks like darker colours. The only problem really, is bug splatter and tar. Nothing a bit of claying wont sort if your vigilent

phatboy; said:
Very nice indeed!

dont live in Aylesbury do you.....I thought i recognised the plate...

Thanks, I live in the north west and havent really strayed further than stoke. Theres plenty of B16's around... maybe a similer one?

Robbie G; said:
That looks lovely...more pics please!

Again Thanks! As requested...

DSC_1929-1.jpg

DSC_1927-1.jpg

DSC_1948-1.jpg

[TW said:
Fox;] Is that a 3.2 V6 or a 2.0TFSI S-Line Quattro?

Neither, as YOU very well know (lets not have a repeat of our previous converstion... please?

peterattheboro; said:
Didn't he have a 2008 2.0T and downgrade to a 2010 1.8T?

Almost:

06' A3 SE 2.0T Sportback (Somewhat problematic) to a 10' A3 S-Line Black Edition 1.8T 3 Door (Faultless)

mjt; said:
Either way, some people prefer have a full spec mid-range model than a basic one further up the range.

You got it down to the letter! This was exactly my reason. The car is far nicer to live with day to day down to all the extra toys it has. Its been far more reliable. Better on fuel with little or no difference in real world performance. Not to mention the facelift S-Line looks far nicer than the old SE Trim. The car turns more heads and i feel it suits my tastes better.

Man of Honour
no difference in real world performance.

Err..

Just dont get the point in models like the 1.8T, sorry. Seems like a waste of money, all the benefits you describe would apply equally to a '10 or a '59 2.0TFSI S-Line with the same options fitted. I can see why you'd go for a 2.0T over the 3.2 as there are clear benefits of the 2.0T over the 3.2 but the 1.8T just seems like a company car special to get under a certain CO2 banding.

Associate
[TW]Fox;16814090 said:
Err..

Just dont get the point in models like the 1.8T, sorry. Seems like a waste of money, all the benefits you describe would apply equally to a '10 or a '59 2.0TFSI S-Line with the same options fitted. I can see why you'd go for a 2.0T over the 3.2 as there are clear benefits of the 2.0T over the 3.2 but the 1.8T just seems like a company car special to get under a certain CO2 banding.

I agree to point and i more than respect your oppinion and take on it. I dont want any confrontation so im taking onboard what your saying. To honest ive never really put as much thought into it and as i see it now. Even if i felt like id made blinding error (which to be brually honest, i dont) ive had the car for months now so there would be nothing i could do anyway.

I just hope you can appreciate the cars look and equipment spec and overlook the issues you have with it... For me, its the BEST car ive ever owned (and will ever own probably) and i can honestly say, i enjoy every minute i drive it.

Man of Honour
To add the finishing touches I would drop it on coilies

It's a brand new car with S-Line suspension! It's at least 10 years away from a chimp dropping it on some Ebay coilies as is currently all the rage with late 90's VAG stuff on various internet forums. To suggest such a thing is daft :p

Associate
[TW]Fox;16814293 said:
Fair enough - engine aside, I like it :)

Thanks, honestly that means a lot! LOL

Fizzle, cheers! I'm not a big fan of mechanical mods but I'm working up to fitting the VAG rear view camera (parts from the R8, A8 and Q7 all fit seamlessly for a true OEM look) and RNS-E Satnav system.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16814322 said:
It's a brand new car with S-Line suspension! It's at least 10 years away from a chimp dropping it on some Ebay coilies as is currently all the rage with late 90's VAG stuff on various internet forums. To suggest such a thing is daft :p

:D love it.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I just hope you can appreciate the cars look and equipment spec and overlook the issues you have with it... For me, its the BEST car ive ever owned (and will ever own probably) and i can honestly say, i enjoy every minute i drive it.

At 25 you're saying the best car you'll probably ever own is your current 1.8T A3? Sensing a serious lack of ambition :p

Back
Top Bottom