Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Finally some decent weather and I got round to giving the new car a bit of TLC

Gave it a good rinse off and washed it twice.
Then a claying, first time I'd ever done this and I was pleasantly surprised at the results, its so much smoother to the touch.
Then a quick polish, really needs a machine polish as it's pretty swirly, but not bad given the 130k plus miles it's done.
Then a going over with some poor boys wax.
Spent around 6 hours and even though it was all by hand its come up a treat.

Anyway on to the pics.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The low evening sun gave it a real nice glow, Le Mans blue is such a chameleon of a colour, looks almost navy through the winter when its dark and gloomy, but in bright sunlight it's a sparkly light blue colour.

So far loving the car after 3-4 months of ownership, it will at some point need a front end respray but I'm reluctant to get it done as I can't see it being a perfect match.

Man of Honour
Stunning. Completely beautiful car, probably the nicest car in this thread :)

Absolutely love the colour, really hope I can get that colour next.

Soldato
WANT

Now that looks awesome :cool:. Really doesn't look its age either.

Yeah Le Mans Blue is a funny one, got it by mistake on our E60 as we wanted the darker blue instead (that's what happens when you haven't seen the colours and are just going by the names!). Most of the time it looks great, but occasionally it looks a bit too light for my liking. Sometimes under the right lighting it's kinda purple though :D. Having seen the darker one on a similar car since I actually prefer Le Mans Blue anyways.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;18949664 said:
Stunning. Completely beautiful car, probably the nicest car in this thread :)

Absolutely love the colour, really hope I can get that colour next.

Many thanks for the compliment, it really is the best colour IMO for an M5 the others don't really show it's classy lines off too good, although I do like that dark grey they do but it's quite rare.

Now that looks awesome :cool:. Really doesn't look its age either.

Yeah Le Mans Blue is a funny one, got it by mistake on our E60 as we wanted the darker blue instead (that's what happens when you haven't seen the colours and are just going by the names!). Most of the time it looks great, but occasionally it looks a bit too light for my liking. Sometimes under the right lighting it's kinda purple though :D. Having seen the darker one on a similar car since I actually prefer Le Mans Blue anyways.

The facelift e39 is a pretty good looker, compared to a pre-facelift SE, they look about 10 years apart. Amazing what a few bumpers, lights and fancy shadow line trim can do :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

that's a stunning car, my favourite shape m5 and old enough to meet my slight retro standards - just have a mental block about post 2001 cars.

Best mate has the same colour/age m5 and it's always a pleasure to got out in it.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18950210 said:
Errr really?

Are you quite sure?

I'm pretty sure it's called Le Mans Blue, feel free to correct me though! Pics here, here, and here. (Not gonna embed them as this is Show Us Your Motors and it's not mine!)

Whatever it's called it's not the one we wanted - we knew there were multiple blues and knew the shade we wanted (the dark one) but Dad CBA to find out what it was called so when ordering the car by phone just picked the name of blue which sounded best.
When it arrived we were all "Oh, it's a bit light :(" (well that's what happens when you order a car without knowing the colour! :rolleyes:), but having lived with it for a couple of years I actually prefer it, whatever it's called, to the darker one.

Man of Honour
Just picked up my new toy this morning. 2006 Golf GTi :cool:

I didn't even consider one when first looking, but once I drove it, it changed my mind :)

golfsmall.jpg

Back
Top Bottom