Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
It is still completely beyond me how a Supra looks fresh to some people but a more conservative yet similarly designed car definitely belongs way back in 2001. Anyway.

Loose the bodykit, nasty headlight covers and stick on some UK Spec wheels on there and that'll look alright (for a supra ;)).

Shame about the lack of turbo goodness though. Plan on chopping it in for a turbo soon?

Enjoy :).

Last edited:
Soldato
It is still completely beyond me how a Supra looks fresh to some people but a more conservative yet similarly designed car definitely belongs way back in 2001. Anyway.

Loose the bodykit, nasty headlight covers and stick on some UK Spec wheels on there and that'll look alright (for a supra ;)).

Shame about the lack of turbo goodness though. Plan on chopping it in for a turbo soon?

Enjoy :).

Yeah headlights are first to go after eerythin has been serviced. Got my eye on a set uk spec glass headlights. Hasn't really got a bodykit as such just OEM from splitter, looks tasteful IMO no where near in your face as veilside.

An NA-T conversion will b on the cards at some point but not for a few months. Interior will be totally re-trimmed and full leathers fitted. I quite like the wheels in all honesty, despite generally preferring stock over after market.

Many many plans instore!

Soldato
The side skirts aren't standard, are they? The rear bumper doesn't look standard either, but I'm not really an expert when it comes to MKIV bodykits.

As for the wheels, you need to be forgetting the looks and asking the same question that is asked on EVERY wheel sale thread on the Supra forum - "Do they clear UK Brakes" ;).

The standard J-Spec brakes aren't brilliant in my humble opinion. I haven't replaced mine yet because 99.99% of my stops are from 30MPH but if you intend on stopping from any speed much more than that more than once start looking at a UK brake conversion or at least the 95+ LS400 4 pots.

Good man for travelling the na-t path. I did a lot of research on that route when I had my old MK3 Supras, its a great engine, it is just a shame no one really seems to bother to bolt a turbo to the side of it over on this side on the pond. You can pick up 2JZGEs for as little as £50 and they'll take as much boost and power as your wallet can throw with a thicker head gasket. Unfortunately most people just bung a GTE in there instead.

And the end of the day it looks like a tidy shell in the best colour. Only your wallet is going to be the deciding factor of just how awesome it'll end up being.

Best of luck with the project :)

Soldato
Had this just less than a month now, absolutely love it!
2hdurv8.jpg

17zm2e.jpg

Man of Honour
My sig pic is a picture of my all time dream cars which I would love to own.

I have driven all of them though the one on the right was only a V6.

Soldato
Nice Clio Beggers!
Because the Supra has nicer curves which haven't dated much. Whereas the Soarer has the angles of a stretched shed? :p

Soldato
Was a bit bored so took the car into the studio. Need to go in again and do a proper shoot on it i think. Got locked in so spent most of my time trying to get back out!

img94552.jpg

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19174359 said:
The Supra looks great, the Soarer looks forgettable, dull and dated.

Get over it :p

I swear you lot must be blind or are just trying to wind me up :p

The supra has aged horribly. What more says 'early 90s jap sports car' than bulbous arches and a mammas and pappas pram rear spoiler?

How on earth is it 'Fresh'? If anything tried released something looking like that within the last 5/10 years we'd be queuing up to take the ****

The looks and interior of the Supra really wind me up because it is it a car that I should really want to own being a fan of obscure imported Toyotas, and yet I just can't get over the fact that the interior is quite frankly a bit of a mess and it looks like a cross breed between a catfish and a pram. If only they made a with similar mechanicals but a more timeless/conservative exterior with a better designed, better built interior. I'd buy a car like that in a heart beat ;).

Massive respect for the cars themselves, the owners and what they can do and can done to then, but I think anyone who can't believe it was released in 93 seriously needs to get down to specsavers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom