Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Where on earth are you getting this 'car envy' thing from? :confused:

Nothing would stand in the way of owning one apart from the fact that I just don't want one.

That's not be knocking your car, or knocking supras in general or saying that a soarer is better than a supra or anything like that, I'm saying that personally the looks and the interior just kill any desire to have one parked outside. An Aristo or Soarer will always make better choices for me. Always. More understated looks, less 'controversial' interiors, similar running gear and more car for your money to boot (I do like my bargains :)).

I'm also 'just saying' that I'm surprised how everyone is prepared to bend over backwards complimenting the Supra saying that it is 'fresh' despite bareing all of the hallmarks of a early 90s jap sports car and yet will have shots and me and my car despite having none of those hallmarks and curvy/rounded body that hasn't aged to badly (especially when you look at it's competition). In my sinincal mind I think it might have something to do with you being a mod and me being joshy, but I've been called deluded before, and beside, it is past the point. At the end of the day, you like your car, I like mine, job done :).

You being joshy? lol you are not a celebrity!

Nah i like the Soarer as it is very similar to the Supra and i totally understand why you chose it over the Supra. But it still has all the important bits of a Supra just is packaged differently so to speak.

Was just having a little dig at you was all, cos you looked like you were getting very flustered when people said they preffered the Supra.

Who cares, its your car not theirs! :p

Man of Honour
Every time you post about the Soarer, or somebody posts about the Supra, you fall over yourself to explain how basically, the Soarer is like, totally, a Supra, honest. It's comic Joshy, it's like me barging into every M5 thread to explain how basically except for some suspension differences, and the engine and a diff, my car is basically an M5.

It's about as obvious as it can get that there is some massive Purchase Justification Syndrome going on here :p

Soldato
Thanks, she is a beauty. I was actually looking for a Porker when I found that M3. The colour combination is awesome - the fox red with the black really works.

I'll post up some more photos when I've done some.

Some nice cars in this thread. Used to love the Jap stuff - had numerous 200SX things, back from the old pop-up light ones right through the last generation. Moved on from those to a Skyline GTR vSpec - which got nicked :mad:

After that shifted to Audi so an S3 than an RS4 - RS4 was modded to hell at some 450Bhp... That moved :D

Soldato
Petrol? Point was more just the 'omgs it is over 100k miles it must be dead/about to die people' I know a lot of other people on here have their petrols around 180k/190k certainly, and they are going strong. :)

Indeed, that post makes no sense, they are not a common failure. The OBC is, but that works just fine on mine too. :)

Yes its petrol but its 230,000km so I'm cheating a bit :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't know why people record cars idle :p They sound x1000000 times better revving in motion going up the lower gears!

Still, nice, but clean your damn lens!

Associate
http://postimage.org/image/1dkhyel9g/

http://postimage.org/image/1dl05bep0/

1dkhyel9g

1dl05bep0

Had the 8 for about 3 months now :)

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;19191208 said:
Every time you post about the Soarer, or somebody posts about the Supra, you fall over yourself to explain how basically, the Soarer is like, totally, a Supra, honest. It's comic Joshy, it's like me barging into every M5 thread to explain how basically except for some suspension differences, and the engine and a diff, my car is basically an M5.

It's about as obvious as it can get that there is some massive Purchase Justification Syndrome going on here :p

Err, no. Its me explaining to people a little bit about a car 95% of people don't know exist, let alone understand what sort of mechanics are like underneath it, and the supra helps to explain just in case someone has in their mind that it is a re-bodied camry or something.

It has got precisely sod all to do with 'purchase justification syndrome', it is just me getting a little bit over excited over something that I'm passionate about and not realizing that people get the point. Remember when everyone had a moan saying that I kept on going on about my job? Didn't think I was doing anything wrong but I got the message, and when's the last time you heard me mention work?

Soldato
Soarer's are nice. Why did Lexus also badge them up Joshy? Were they like more extravagant models from Toyota?

There's actually no such car as a 'Lexus Soarer'.

As far as I'm aware the car was only sold in two markets, the states and Japan. In the states it was sold under Lexus branding but that didn't exist in Japan right up until 05, so all of the Lexus that we know from before then were sold under Toyota with different names, the RX300 was the Toyota Harrier, the GS300 was the Toyota Aristo, the IS200 was Altezza, LS400 was the Toyota Celsior, etc.

Unless someone was daft enough to import one from the states every Soarer you'll come across is a Toyota, but importers stuck Lexus badges on them to appeal to badge snobs ;). It is understandable why it is done though, if they were sold here officially it would have been a Lexus. Some Lexus dealers actually imported a few from brand new unofficially and sold them on their lots as a Lexus.

Soldato
There's actually no such car as a 'Lexus Soarer'.

As far as I'm aware the car was only sold in two markets, the states and Japan. In the states it was sold under Lexus branding but that didn't exist in Japan right up until 05, so all of the Lexus that we know from before then were sold under Toyota with different names, the RX300 was the Toyota Harrier, the GS300 was the Toyota Aristo, the IS200 was Altezza, LS400 was the Toyota Celsior, etc.

Unless someone was daft enough to import one from the states every Soarer you'll come across is a Toyota, but importers stuck Lexus badges on them to appeal to badge snobs ;). It is understandable why it is done though, if they were sold here officially it would have been a Lexus. Some Lexus dealers actually imported a few from brand new unofficially and sold them on their lots as a Lexus.

Ah that explains it. Just asked because I used to see one near where I went college. Had Lexus emblems on so thought it may have been a Lexus Soarer sc400.

Back
Top Bottom