Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
DSCN0444.jpg

Any people say petrols are dead at 60k!

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I swear you lot must be blind or are just trying to wind me up :p

The supra has aged horribly. What more says 'early 90s jap sports car' than bulbous arches and a mammas and pappas pram rear spoiler?

How on earth is it 'Fresh'? If anything tried released something looking like that within the last 5/10 years we'd be queuing up to take the ****

The looks and interior of the Supra really wind me up because it is it a car that I should really want to own being a fan of obscure imported Toyotas, and yet I just can't get over the fact that the interior is quite frankly a bit of a mess and it looks like a cross breed between a catfish and a pram. If only they made a with similar mechanicals but a more timeless/conservative exterior with a better designed, better built interior. I'd buy a car like that in a heart beat ;).

Massive respect for the cars themselves, the owners and what they can do and can done to then, but I think anyone who can't believe it was released in 93 seriously needs to get down to specsavers.

The soarer front lights date it instantly.

Soldato
I swear you lot must be blind or are just trying to wind me up :p

The supra has aged horribly. What more says 'early 90s jap sports car' than bulbous arches and a mammas and pappas pram rear spoiler?

How on earth is it 'Fresh'? If anything tried released something looking like that within the last 5/10 years we'd be queuing up to take the ****

The looks and interior of the Supra really wind me up because it is it a car that I should really want to own being a fan of obscure imported Toyotas, and yet I just can't get over the fact that the interior is quite frankly a bit of a mess and it looks like a cross breed between a catfish and a pram. If only they made a with similar mechanicals but a more timeless/conservative exterior with a better designed, better built interior. I'd buy a car like that in a heart beat ;).

Massive respect for the cars themselves, the owners and what they can do and can done to then, but I think anyone who can't believe it was released in 93 seriously needs to get down to specsavers.

Think you should have bought the Supra tbh. Much car envy in that post. The Soarer is no "fresher" either.

Soldato
Mine's on 230k :p

Petrol? Point was more just the 'omgs it is over 100k miles it must be dead/about to die people' I know a lot of other people on here have their petrols around 180k/190k certainly, and they are going strong. :)

[TW]Fox;19179828 said:
Why wouldn't it?

Indeed, that post makes no sense, they are not a common failure. The OBC is, but that works just fine on mine too. :)

Soldato
The Supra is a far better looking car than the Soarer, the Supra still looks awesome today.

I would love to own one but far to expensive to run as a daily and far to many temptations to spend on it :(

Soldato
Good pic Logsi! Have you added any modification to it? I miss my Feista ST at times, it was a nice little car.

Thanks!

No mods planned as yet. May make my way to the 185 kit some time but i'm happy with it at the moment! It's pretty much like new at sub 20k on the clock.

Coming from a Zetec Climate that i had from new for 5 years it's quite a step up. I did a few mods to that and i don't think it aged well because of them. Lowered, spacers and a few other bits and pieces. Not sure if i'd bother again.

Soldato
Think you should have bought the Supra tbh. Much car envy in that post. The Soarer is no "fresher" either.

Where on earth are you getting this 'car envy' thing from? :confused:

Nothing would stand in the way of owning one apart from the fact that I just don't want one.

That's not be knocking your car, or knocking supras in general or saying that a soarer is better than a supra or anything like that, I'm saying that personally the looks and the interior just kill any desire to have one parked outside. An Aristo or Soarer will always make better choices for me. Always. More understated looks, less 'controversial' interiors, similar running gear and more car for your money to boot (I do like my bargains :)).

I'm also 'just saying' that I'm surprised how everyone is prepared to bend over backwards complimenting the Supra saying that it is 'fresh' despite bareing all of the hallmarks of a early 90s jap sports car and yet will have shots and me and my car despite having none of those hallmarks and curvy/rounded body that hasn't aged to badly (especially when you look at it's competition). In my sinincal mind I think it might have something to do with you being a mod and me being joshy, but I've been called deluded before, and beside, it is past the point. At the end of the day, you like your car, I like mine, job done :).

Back
Top Bottom