Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Car looks nice and all but why does everything NEED TO BE SO DAMN BRIGHT!

Because I spent a couple of hours cleaning it! It's pretty satisfying when you're cleaning the car, and what you thought was white is actually quite dirty and covers the car in grey soap suds, to reveal the pure whiteness hidden underneath! :D

Quite like that Ibiza, never thought I'd say that.

Thanks for the appreciation. :) The '12 facelift gives the front a more aggressive look than the pre-facelift. Could be the reason why you quite like it? :)

Soldato
Surely that is a poor design for an inlet manifold, 3 different lengths of runners?

It may well be a poor design, but it is a design that was used on loads of large engines pre '90s. I didn't design it and I doubt attempting to modify the engine to have a straight, matched inlet would make any difference to the engine power/economy at all in any case.

Obviously overall, having them matched does work better, otherwise modern engines wouldn't have them, but they are different designs. Certainly better to have this injection system than the utter crud carbs they ran on some of the smaller E30 engines.

E: I just remembered that they are in actual fact, the same length, just the design makes it look like they are different.

DSCN0148.jpg

The 'inner' ones bow out away from the engine quite wide, then come back in. The 'outer' ones curve round the inner ones and go straight to the cylinder. Here is a close up of the inlet system.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
MR - Mostly Removed or Mitsubishi Racing depending on which circle you talk to :o

~100kg lighter than its full fat brother missing the 4ws, Active aero/exhaust, funky suspension and cruise among a few other things, thankfully they kept the climate control! :D

iirc it was 40bhp or so down on the full phat too.
still fun cars.. I enjoyed my 98 Full fat.

Soldato
iirc it was 40bhp or so down on the full phat too.
still fun cars.. I enjoyed my 98 Full fat.

Indeed! :)

The factory figure is 280bhp to the UK's bigger turbo'd 3000gt's 320bhp. But that was at a time were all Jap manufactors agreeded to limit themselves to the 280bhp figure but thankfully they all lied. I had mine dyno'd last year and it got 310bhp on the heartbreaker's dyno (powerstation) with little more than an air filter and exhaust for what there worth!
Now if only they did a 3000gt MR :D

Massive underated cars imo, the MK IV is a very handsome beast to boot as well :)
86Prx.jpg

Not bad for a car that can be had for sub 5k!
Very tempted to do the conversion myself!

Last edited:
Associate
Picked this up just under 2 weeks ago:
IMG_0070_zps3c2bb45b.jpg

I'm no photographer unfortunately.. this was with my best mate after a little drive out.
DSCF1096_zps9f9a7210.jpg

325i sport in Imola Red, Alcantara interior with carbon trim. The only issue is I need to get 3/4 of the wheels refurbed as 2 of them are heavily curbed and the 3rd is slightly curbed :(
Love her! Incredible difference to my previous Rover 214. ;)
63k miles, £4350. Tax until August 13, MOT until May 13.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom