Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
IMG_04641_zpse8230fd2.jpg

Had my F30 for 2 weeks now, been very pleased with it.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23495450 said:
Diesel probably, simply through lack of choice :(

You've always held the 5 up as being your perfect balance between sporty and wafty, with the 3 being considered too sporty, and the 7 too wafty.

I imagine that being two generations older than the E39, the F10 will be a bigger car (possibly closing the gap in size to the E38 7?), plus as you say in all likelyhood through lack of choice, your F10 is likely to be a; diseasel, and b; an auto.

So, are you confident that a bigger, diesel, auto 5 series will still be your perfect balance between sporty and wafty, or is that balance more likely to be found in a more prevalent petrol, manual, F30/4 series, given that they are also 2 generations older/bigger than the E39?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23492423 said:
Of course.

It will stay until high spec F10's have depreciated nicely. Then one of those will stay for a similar length of time I'd imagine. A 5 Series seems to cram everything I like about cars into one car. I should never have deviated from the formula but I was desperate not to have an E60 :(

Didn't you buy a 335i a while ago? Or is that in addition to the 530?

Soldato
I do like those civics and the 2.2 is a great engine. Drove one a fair bit as a pool car, was surprised at how poor the economy was (45 on a run at most), not sure if that was just the abused pool car or not!

Soldato
Must have been the abused pool car factor then. With cruise on at 70 on a level motorway the instantaneous mpg bar hovered around the 40 mark. Shame as that's put me off buying them before!

Soldato
Criminal a. :( I can only think that a previous owner has put the wrong shocks on the back, this will be rectified but I'll do every corner so I need to raise the funds yet & do it in the order i want to when including the other jobs I have in mind.

Nope, probably the standard shocks. They're lol high when standard :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Saturday afternoon Tesco parking :p this was the only spot I felt comfortable parking in, the car to my left was an old Fiesta that looked a bit beat, kept as far away from its doors as possible :eek:

Man of Honour
So, are you confident that a bigger, diesel, auto 5 series will still be your perfect balance between sporty and wafty, or is that balance more likely to be found in a more prevalent petrol, manual, F30/4 series, given that they are also 2 generations older/bigger than the E39?

I don't know. What I really want is what I have now - only newer and more up to date. Thats pretty much it - though I do actually think I would prefer an auto this time around. The trouble of course is finding something that offers that. My current car is still great, I still love driving it, it still does everything I want and it's still really nice inside and out. However it is now 11 years old. It was just over 4 when I bought it! I have never, ever, owned a car as old as this is now. Even my first car bought for 1200 quid was gone before it's 11th Birthday. I thought this was a big problem hence replacing it before I could really find a true replacement, but I've kinda got over it a bit now. The older it gets the more faff tends to appear - breakdown companies get more fussy for example, the fact that as soon as somebody drives into the back of it its game over and you get a cheque for £1500, the fact that on my 3200 euro trip the possibility that the recovery company would refuse to bring it home because it was 'worthless' was in the back of my mind, etc..

Didn't you buy a 335i a while ago? Or is that in addition to the 530?

I did, yes. Fantastic engine but perhaps somewhat unsuprisingly nothing like a 5 Series. The trouble was the 5 Series alternative both didn't have that engine *and* was an E60, I car I have tried so hard to like but just cannot. So I tried something 'different'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom