Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
WP_000292.jpg

Bit of a gloomy day in Portsmouth.

Lovely. I do wish I'd got those alloys.

Soldato
whats the reliability like on those tt's ?

Well, for a car that was once around £30,000, It's ok. To joe bloggs, who just wants something 'fast innit bruv' or just something that looks good, it would seem poor. These have all the plethora of things to go wrong, turbo, dmf, haldex 4wd, rubber band tyres. They can chew through coil packs, maf's, diverter valves, hid ballasts.

I've only ever done servicing work on mine, but others have been abosolute money pits, especially pre-facelift ones.

Last edited:

olv

olv

Soldato
I only had my 1999 225 for a few months but I bought it from my Dad who had owned it for 3 years and aside from snapped rear springs and faulty temperature gauge nothing major had gone wrong with. I sold it to a friend who had it for 18 months trouble free and it's now with a friend of his and still going strong.

I don't think they are inherently unreliable or too costly to run really.

I've had mine qS 10 months now and it's been trouble free over 5000 miles. It needs new boots all round but that's my first expense on it. Oil service due in a few months should be cheap too.

Permabanned
i have been looking at them but scared of needing deep pockets if things go wrong.

bit like the rx8, can pick them u for peanuts nowadays but they have their problems.

Soldato
i have been looking at them but scared of needing deep pockets if things go wrong.

bit like the rx8, can pick them u for peanuts nowadays but they have their problems.

As with any car, you can do all the inspecting you like, but you can still find yourself 6 months down the line with a lemon.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
As with any car, you can do all the inspecting you like, but you can still find yourself 6 months down the line with a lemon.

Rules i try to stick to if buying a used car;

1) Only buy it privately off of its original owner/driver (from new).

2) Only buy it if that same owner/driver has taken it to exclusively main dealers for every bit of remedial work carried out no matter how small.

3) Verify all of the above with that dealer network.

4) Asses little things such as quality of tyres fitted, where they were fitted, etc.

5) Asses extent of repair work, for example, has it had things repaired which most people would have ignored?

6) Ignore above if a "known" car, ie family members etc

Always kept me from bad cars :)

Last edited:
Associate
The new Hyundai Coupe. Tsiii 2.0, very rare and wanted one for about 5 years so when one popped up, couldn't resist. I know that most people hate them but I love it! :D

These are dealer pics, will try get some of my own when I get the chance

1815328.jpg

1815329.jpg

1815332.jpg

1815330.jpg

1815331.jpg

1815333.jpg

1815334.jpg

1815335.jpg

Associate
Love the TSiii looks really nice. Although white wouldn't be my choice of colour, like you said they are very rare. Looks so much better than my standard Siii.

Back
Top Bottom