Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Hi,
Closest gt4 is mine, they are 17" team dynamics pro race 1.2 alloys in gloss black. Extremely light as you'd expect for motorsport (btcc) rims.

Old scooby wheels (and some old VW's) use the 5x100 pcd, on the ST202 (your model) I am unsure but et45 would probably be ok as you dont have large 4pot brakes. Sticking with 16's? Id confirm for sure on celica-club; huge amount of gen 6's there and others.

Thanks - found out on celica club that the Impeza has larger bores so need spiggots. And my left over prodrive wheels are ET52 - a DAMN SHAME. :(

I waxed mine with 476S, well impressed with it. Lasted absolutely ages and the car looked fantastic. Need to top it up tbh.

l loved 476S on my old 3er

3282_zps76c0d36e.jpg

Soldato
Yup looks awesome, only thing dropping me considering one is the corrosion they suffer, does the 3 have the same issue do you know?
I have a non-MPS 3 and it does. Got rust on the bootlid and had some on the front wing before it was resprayed. Not really acceptable on a 2007 car IMO, and the paint seems very thin as well. Saying that, they're good cars otherwise.

Soldato
Yup looks awesome, only thing dropping me considering one is the corrosion they suffer, does the 3 have the same issue do you know?

I believe they do. Mine is one of the earliest 6 MPS' and it only has a small area of corrosion on the boot lid which is luckily hidden behind the number plate. I haven't looked at it properly but it may have been caused by the numberplate fixings.

The standard paint on the alloys is also prone to corrosion unfortunately.

I haven't seen many people mention corrosion on the owners club so I don't think it is a major issue. If you do look at getting one just make sure you check the usual areas, the most common of which seems to be the boot lid.

Back
Top Bottom