Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
^ lol Paradigm

I don't see the problem. I am guessing his parents have always helped him out so he is not going to know any different.

ElliottJames Stop taking the bait, OcUK love stuff like this. Enjoy the car.

Soldato
I think the issue here is that he is a spoilt brat as demonstrated by the screenshot MrLOL posted. Yes it was some time back but it was still a disgraceful post which won't be forgotten.

Associate
Should I now just not contribute to these kind of threads? If I post that I got a new this, because I'm 18, I get a torrent of abuse? When if someone else at the age of 30 posted what I did, they wouldn't.

Caporegime
If they were behaving like a spoilt kid living at home at 30 and getting their parents to buy them cars and ipads the abuse would be worse tbh.

The age isn't your issue. If you'd have said "I'm 18, got a part time and job and worked really hard to be able to afford this old knackered Peugeot 205" nobody would really have said anything negative. Its the fact you didn't go out and earnt it and appear to expect nice things from your parents and even went as far as being annoyed you didn't go more spent on you that got you the abuse.

Associate
If they were behaving like a spoilt kid living at home at 30 and getting their parents to buy them cars and ipads the abuse would be worse tbh.

The age isn't your issue. If you'd have said "I'm 18, got a part time and job and worked really hard to be able to afford this old knackered Peugeot 205" nobody would really have said anything negative. Its the fact you didn't go out and earnt it and appear to expect nice things from your parents and even went as far as being annoyed you didn't go more spent on you that got you the abuse.

Never got them to buy me anything. They offered.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The fact you couldn't fathom why on earth you would get a negative reaction upon posting that you'd been given a 2011 Golf TSI says it all.

Why has he? I have been given quite a lot of cars, mentioned it loads of times probably over the years, and never had a reaction like he has received?

Just what is it with people on here :confused:

Associate
It's not the value of the gift, it is the unappreciation/ungratefulness of it.

How do you know I wasn't very grateful for it? I just simply said I wanted a car. The car in fact was worth £1000, £1000 less then what I actually got so don't put words in my mouth. I simply said I would have liked, wanted a car. Doesn't mean I wasn't very thankful.

Back
Top Bottom