Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Pickup my 2011 golf TSI on Wednesday, wooo

Well, after me not being able to drive my mums new run around car which arrives in a week because I'm only 18 and my insurance won't allow me on DOC, she gave me the car woo. Will get pics up next weekend when I get it.

Golf TSI GTI silver 2011 5 door. Only costs an extra £400 a year on insurance, thought it would be a lot more.

Your story is so full of holes, but I guess it is school holidays.

Hope your parents like the new car, after reading the above it's more than clear it's not yours.

Associate

Hope your parents like the new car, after reading the above it's more than clear it's not yours.

1) My mum ordered a second car as a run around. Something small. I was due a new car anyway as my current car is falling apart my first car. I rang the insurance company and with my current fully comp cover I'm unable to drive it third party at my age, so yes, the car was given to me and the parents are picking up a second one. No problem getting pictures of the two when they're on my drive.

No need to act like a kid with the school reference.

Caporegime

I believe him.

He is the guy who wanted a car when he was 17 (Christmas 2011) but was annoyed when he got just a MBP, iPad 2 and some Beats.

He got an Omega for Christmas 2012.

He is either lying or a spoilt teenager. I am more inclined to believe the latter. Although he is "given" a car, whether the register owner is wholly in his name or he is just insured to drive on it, that is another question.

Either way, he didn't pay for it.

xynz0qj.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I believe him.

He is the guy who wanted a car when he was 17 (Christmas 2011) but was annoyed when he got just a MBP, iPad 2 and some Beats.

He got an Omega for Christmas 2012.

He is either lying or a spoilt teenager. I am more inclined to believe the latter.

xynz0qj.jpg

Was awaiting Raymond's input. Spoilt is a harsh term surely?

Soldato
lol wish i could have that amount of cash spent on me for christmas. i got given some electrical tape and cloths for last christmas and a few other things totaling around £50.

electrical tape was handy though, my work top started chafing one of my nipples. taped it up good.

Soldato
Awesome Christmas pressys! Though not very grateful with that silly comment "not happy". I would be ecstatic if I woke up to something like that when I was your age.

Still don't see any holes in the story though? Parents buy him over £2k worth gadgets at the age of 17, it is easy plausible that they have gave him the keys to a new car. Guessing it is helping him with his NCB and parents can use it when ever they want (guessing you still live with parents)

Last edited:
Caporegime
1) My mum ordered a second car as a run around. Something small. I was due a new car anyway as my current car is falling apart my first car. I rang the insurance company and with my current fully comp cover I'm unable to drive it third party at my age, so yes, the car was given to me and the parents are picking up a second one. No problem getting pictures of the two when they're on my drive.

No need to act like a kid with the school reference.

Had no idea i was dealing with a spoilt person, your name rang a bell but Raymond's post summed it up.

It's a bit random that due to your own insurance not allowing DOC on another car (what was going to be your mums), which would only have allowed you to drive 3rd party, has resulted in her giving you the car.

Clearly the best option would have been for you to be placed on your mums insurance policy as a named driver, which would have cost pennys vs her having to buy another car, this would have resulted in you having full ability to drive the car, but not be the main driver.

With thinking like that i can see why you get away with what you do.

Last edited:
Associate
Had no idea i was dealing with a spoilt person, your name rang a bell but Raymond's post summed it up.

It's a bit random that due to your own insurance not allowing DOC on another car (what was going to be your mums), which would only have allowed you to drive 3rd party, has resulted in her giving you the car.

Clearly the best option would have been for you to be placed on your mums insurance policy as a named driver, which would have cost pennys vs her having to buy another car, this would have resulted in you having full ability to drive the car, but not be the main driver.

With thinking like that i can see why you get away with what you do.

But the logic behind it was, my current cars pretty bad, so I may as well upgrade. I don't understand all the hate. I simply said, i'm getting a new car, and we have some childish people saying spoilt ect spoilt.

Back
Top Bottom