Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
How do you know I wasn't very grateful for it? I just simply said I wanted a car. The car in fact was worth £1000, £1000 less then what I actually got so don't put words in my mouth. I simply said I would have liked, wanted a car. Doesn't mean I wasn't very thankful.

When one get a gift, any gift, one should be happy to receive them, regardless of value.

Whether that you wanted a car, a boat or a horse. One should appreciate gifts. Gifts should not be taken for granted and if one were to get no presents at all, one shouldn't complain about it. One shouldn't get upset because he didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.

And when someone at 17 years of age get gifts in the region of £2,000, he should be estatic at the thought of those gifts.

You made it very clear you were Not Happy upon receipt of those gifts.

Those are your words.

Soldato
More to the point - if you had a son who was 18, would you want him driving a Golf GTI? I blame the parents

GTi10.jpg

He's not being given a Golf GTI?

It's a Golf TSI.

He still sounds ungrateful though and just seems to expect things given to him for nothing.

Associate
More to the point - if you had a son who was 18, would you want him driving a Golf GTI? I blame the parents

GTi10.jpg

It's not the car it's the driver. I have friends who drive Range rover evoques and Mercedes gl350, 5 series at 18, doesn't mean they're goingr to crash a faster car. Stop assuming I'm a boy racer.

Soldato
It's not the car it's the driver. I have friends who drive Range rover evoques and Mercedes gl350, 5 series at 18, doesn't mean they're goingr to crash a faster car. Stop assuming I'm a boy racer.

Everyone is a fool when they first drive a car, and everyone on here was too. I was a **** when I was 17/18. But luckily I drove my mam's 1998 1.6 Astra with around 75bhp. Had I been in a Range Rover Evoque it would probably have ended in tears...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Wow. Dude has rich parents, so what?
Get over yourselves OcUK!

FWIW, I thought he was getting a GTI as well which I don't think is a good car for an 18 year-old. The low-down grunt can catch people unawares. Scared my mum anyway :p

TSI should be fine though :)

Associate
You were exceedingly ungrateful at only receiving £2000 worth of gadget gear for Christmas as posted above. Makes a pretty compelling first impression.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had to go to work to earn a living.

Oh sorry I can't earn a living whilst I'm studying my friend. Part time job is good enough. That last comment is quite silly isn't it? Your comparing your situation to my situation. Your not in education, I am, so there fore, I can't earn a great living with a part time job.

Back
Top Bottom