Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
:eek:

Must have missed that. Tried to read his thread but all the posts were deleted.

It was years ago when he sold a Skoda because it was smoking and using oil and he thought the turbo was about to give up. So he advertised it as not using oil "which is the sign of a good turbo".

Associate
Had this for about a week now. Ideally wanted a Toyota GT86 but couldn't afford one.

8600500983_c3c3143e2d_c.jpg

8600500719_eddcc960be_b.jpg

Spec/Price of your one out of interest? Is the ride 'firm'?

Soldato
Had this for about a week now. Ideally wanted a Toyota GT86 but couldn't afford one.

Well yeah, new vs old would bring into account pricing differences.

GT86 all the way though... they're not really entirely comparable as the TT is aimed at being a luxury car with sports ability, whereas the GT86 is a purpose built drivers car. The TT is undeniably a better built car, with a more sophisticated interior, but the GT86 is the more pure, drivers car. Depends what you're after / deem more important!

• Rear wheel drive -vs- Quattro (Haldex, so FWD)
  • NA -vs- Turbo (NA, better throttle response)
  • GT86 - Lower centre of gravity, better drag coefficient, more agile.

And besides, a TTS / TTRS are simply TT's with bits bolted on - if you're going 2nd hand, a Cayman would be where my money went. Oh wait, seems my list above could be very much applicable to the Cayman vs TT scenario as well. So yes, I would personally say the GT86 and Cayman should not be classed as the same as a TT. Different philosophies entirely.

1gfzb7.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom