Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
And besides, a TTS / TTRS are simply TT's with bits bolted on - if you're going 2nd hand, a Cayman would be where my money went.

By that logic a M3 is a 3 series with bits bolted on.

I have looked at a Cayman but I wanted the Cayman S (lowish miles) and that went well over my budget. Also the new Caymans looks much so nicer, I would feel like I over stretched myself for something I wasn't 100% happy with.

I paid just over £20k for my TTS and its only got 4k on the clock, so its pretty much as new. Where as a GT86 2nd currently go for £22k+ plus I wasn't happy with the standard GT86, so I needed the Litchfield Performance Pack and nicer wheels, another £2.5k. Where as with the TTS I'm have happy with both performance and looks... its keeping my modding addiction at bay :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Why definitely a S? The standard cayman would be very similar performance to the TTS.

An M3 is a 3 series with bits stuck on! (Just a lot bigger "bits")

That's more so my point though, from a handling / dynamics wise, the cayman and GT86 are setup very differently. A TT isn't the same kind of drive. It's what you prefer of course, but if I was looking for an engaging sports feel, I'd safely say the TT fits the bill the least out of the 3. With an 86 you sacrifice straight line performance and luxury, the TT agility / focused sports setup, the Porsche not a whole lot!

Yes the new cayman does look better and the interior is much nicer than the older cayman, but the old model is pretty nice looking. I would have done you a picture today but I'm out now :(

BTW, what year is it? Presumably it's DSG?

Last edited:
Soldato
Trouble with the 86 is its too slow. Yes yes its all about driver involvement, great steering and balance, but almost 9 out of 10 times I think I would rather have the TTs extra power. Plus it looks like a quality car and has a much nicer interior. Really impressed at how relatively cheap you got it for!

Soldato
Quick polish on mine too today but it really needs a hefty full on sesh of claying, polish, wax, seal etc. Never have that much spare time! Came up ok though :)

civic310313.jpg

Tea Drinker
Don
QgjDcsB.jpg

A 3 hour clean today and its beautiful! :D

Just want to stand there stroking the paint its so smooth after claying, polishing and waxing.

I just look at that and think how long it would take for a full detail there's so much bodywork :p

Thinking of doing my cabby as there's 2/3 of the bodywork of a non cabriolet but still can't be bothered.

Back
Top Bottom