Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24067270 said:
Why do you leave the roof rack fitted when you are not carrying building materials or whatever its for? Isn't it better to take it off when you are not using it - would make the car look much better?

It's part of the euro scene, look at me I'm cool and carry my extreme sports equipment on my rad car around the alps.

When actually, I don't even use the roof racks.

look how brand new they still look for goodness sake!!

Associate
Why didn't you take the whole roof rack off then, unless its for the whole "scene" look?

It only works on big estate cars which actually need and use them properly.

Well as I said before that I use it all the time but also like the look of it. So its form and function for me. :cool: Not quite sure how i'm not using the 'properly' though.... Transporting bikes and boards about seems to be exactly what they are meant for ;)

Associate
Fair play

So how much have you spent on it? Including purchase cost?

But i get what you meant when they are not 'used'

And car was 10kish with all the extras if i remember rightly and then overall without including the money I've got back for selling other wheels and parts ive used on it before is 1.5k on mods.

So about 11-12k all in atm

Associate

Nope been paid off now.

And yep its a 1.4 take the pee all you guys want about that as its mega cheap insurance even with all the mods declared! :) However its putting out more 100hp now with the remap and induction kit, so just slightly less slow now ;) haha

Soldato
And yep its a 1.4 take the pee all you guys want about that as its mega cheap insurance even with all the mods declared! :) However its putting out more 100hp now with the remap and induction kit, so just slightly less slow now ;) haha

Is that so you can spend more on fuel with the loss of economy with the roof rack and remapped engine?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
One.Point.Four

You'll want to be shot of that car within a short space of time once insurance stops being an issue, so why on earth spend half decent money on the stop gap insurance problem era of motoring? Once you are 25 or thereabouts insurance becomes a non issue on anything and that car will feel pretty stupid.

Soldato
One.Point.Four

You'll want to be shot of that car within a short space of time once insurance stops being an issue, so why on earth spend half decent money on the stop gap insurance problem era of motoring? Once you are 25 or thereabouts insurance becomes a non issue on anything and that car will feel pretty stupid.

I guess he doesn't mind a 0-60 time of about 17 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom