Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
One.Point.Four

You'll want to be shot of that car within a short space of time once insurance stops being an issue, so why on earth spend half decent money on the stop gap insurance problem era of motoring? Once you are 25 or thereabouts insurance becomes a non issue on anything and that car will feel pretty stupid.

Meh missing the point a bit. I spend the money because its my hobby and i enjoy what I do to it. Just like someone else might take up something else and spend a lot of their money on that instead. And yeh once i'm 25 I will have bought something else however still being 20 I've got a fair way to go still before insurance isnt an issue on higher powered cars.

I like the look of the car, wanted something reliable and new, with warranty and service plans included. It was a choice between this or a new polo/golf which these days is one of the dullest cars on the planet so it was a no brainer really!

And before this turns into a you should have got a ford/fiat/vauxhall thread, I didn't want any of that as I like the look of these Ibizas.

Soldato
Thread title is "Show Us Your Motors!", not "Show Us Your Motors (and if we don't like one thing on it we are going to belittle and criticise you endlessly)!"

Get a grip, its his car, he loves the way it looks, its the right engine for him and suits his needs.

Soldato
Meh missing the point a bit. I spend the money because its my hobby and i enjoy what I do to it. Just like someone else might take up something else and spend a lot of their money on that instead. And yeh once i'm 25 I will have bought something else however still being 20 I've got a fair way to go still before insurance isnt an issue on higher powered cars.

You haven't got that long to wait. I insured a Focus ST3 when I was 21 for ~£800, then when I turned 22 it was only ~£550...

Now I'm 24 an it was only £402 when I renewed in February

Associate
You haven't got that long to wait. I insured a Focus ST3 when I was 21 for ~£800, then when I turned 22 it was only ~£550...

Now I'm 24 an it was only £402 when I renewed in February

Yeh I pay just shy of £400 everything declared fully comp on this atm. As i said eventually I will get something quicker when I can afford the insurance, upkeep, petrol etc... :) no point owning a car you can't afford to run. :D

Caporegime
Thread title is "Show Us Your Motors!", not "Show Us Your Motors (and if we don't like one thing on it we are going to belittle and criticise you endlessly)!"

Get a grip, its his car, he loves the way it looks, its the right engine for him and suits his needs.

Actually, it's a discussion forum, and anything you post can (and probably will) become the subject of said discussion.

If you don't like it, don't post. If you want to post your car and be told "yeah m8 itz awesum innit!", go and post on an owners forum where everyone is that besotted with the car and/or marque, 90% of people will just reply positively.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just a quick thing, those air vents with the flaps that you physically move to open/close and direct around, why do makers put those on cars? They're the worst vents of all time and they are on quite a few car brands as well. What happened to the good old sideways slatted vents with a thing in the middle to point up/down/left/right then a knob to turn the vent on and off?

Caporegime
FWIW, I think it looks great on the outside!

Not a fan of the interior colour matching though :p

Same, I like it (on the outside at any rate).

Would be nicer with a bigger engine but hey, not everyone is fixated on speed above all else.

I'd prefer to see a nice set of BBS RSs instead of those Calibre half-replica things but I appreciate the costs involved would be a touch on the 'mental illness' side :p

Soldato
Nope been paid off now.

And yep its a 1.4 take the pee all you guys want about that as its mega cheap insurance even with all the mods declared! :) However its putting out more 100hp now with the remap and induction kit, so just slightly less slow now ;) haha

Is that legit or a guesstimate? What's the weight of it? If it's genuinely putting down about 100hp, then that's not too bad I guess. Our 500 is 100hp, and is a good laugh, although it does only weigh ~950kg.

Soldato
Actually, it's a discussion forum, and anything you post can (and probably will) become the subject of said discussion.

If you don't like it, don't post. If you want to post your car and be told "yeah m8 itz awesum innit!", go and post on an owners forum where everyone is that besotted with the car and/or marque, 90% of people will just reply positively.

Since when did a discussion entail telling someone what to do with their car?

Yeah, fair play if you lead with "In my opinion it would look better <bla bla>" or similar. But stating what they should do is not any form of discussion. For example:

Needs the badge back on the grille (as well as the godawful wheels, stupid ride height, roof rack, and sticker removing)
Get some tyres that fit.
Mate, theres something wrong with your suspension

None of those are a form of discussion.

Caporegime
tilt.png

Back
Top Bottom