Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Noo i meant backbox sorry, should have explained better. I don't want a beetin but at the moment iv got a 45 downwards small pipe i want a chrome tip for when i get the different bumper with the cutout :)

Soldato
So?

Production date does not equal registration date, what if it sat in a backlot unregistered for a year???

Well the car itself would still have been manufactured in 2010 and if someone was to buy that brand new a year later when the newer model was out, I bet they'd feel pretty stupid.

Regardless, it's hard to see how that car can masquerade as a 2013 car. For one, it's got a single letter before the 13...

Caporegime
Well the car itself would still have been manufactured in 2010 and if someone was to buy that brand new a year later when the newer model was out, I bet they'd feel pretty stupid.

Regardless, it's hard to see how that car can masquerade as a 2013 car. For one, it's got a single letter before the 13...

Indeed, my original comment was more of a light jibe as to why he'd decided to blank the plate the way he did.

Soldato
No but no one can see were i park when am on the public road. My reg plate plus a rough idea were i park could be all it needs for a car theft in my mind. Im sure criminals use forums to get an idea of what cars they can steal

Soldato
No but no one can see were i park when am on the public road. My reg plate plus a rough idea were i park could be all it needs for a car theft in my mind. Im sure criminals use forums to get an idea of what cars they can steal

Of course "people can see where you park", it's on a public road.

And in the nicest way possible, "criminals" wouldn't be skimming internet forums to try to steal a diesel Astra. It's much easier to just follow you home, isn't it?

Caporegime

I don't think Astras are high on the stealing to order list. But fair enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wouldn't know. Had a corsa stolen.. Still its a personal preference not to put my full plate on

I doubt they traced a Corsa via an internet forum either.

Fair enough if it's a personal preference, but trying to support it with statements such as "I don't like the public internet having my reg plate" and "Im sure criminals use forums to get an idea of what cars they can steal" is a bit silly IMO.

Soldato
Point taken, Personal preference then :) The idea to only half blank it was to show there pressed plates anyhow as i am quite happy with them instead of a white/black box across my plate hiding them.

Soldato
Point taken, Personal preference then :) The idea to only half blank it was to show there pressed plates anyhow as i am quite happy with them instead of a white/black box across my plate hiding them.

Quite a lot of people on here black or hide their plates out of habit, but the general thinking behind it is that it can decrease the risk of their VIN being cloned and used on a similar car going through speed cameras and perhaps linked to crimes. Not out of fear of having their car stolen :)

Soldato
Just till I don't love it any more or it stops exciting me

I guess I'll keep it 6-12 months any longer I think I'll start loosing too much money on it

I thought you were a trader?

Pressed? From that image they look like normal flat, printed plates to me? :confused:

Look pressed if you look hard enough. Admittedly I didn't notice until I went and had a second look.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom