Show Us Your Motors!

Can't type for toffee
Don
Nice, good to see one that hasn't been ruined!

I've only ever seen 1 that's been ruined LOL, chavtastic with stickers all over it, poor thing :(

Cosmic Blue Mk1 non Aero from what I can see.

Was very much the one I wanted before I ended up going with a 6mps

If you did decide you wanted the Aero mirrors I'm sure they're only like £55 a pair direct from Mazda, which suprised me.

You on MPSOC?

Associate
I've only ever seen 1 that's been ruined LOL, chavtastic with stickers all over it, poor thing :(

Cosmic Blue Mk1 non Aero from what I can see.

Was very much the one I wanted before I ended up going with a 6mps

If you did decide you wanted the Aero mirrors I'm sure they're only like £55 a pair direct from Mazda, which suprised me.

You on MPSOC?

Spot on bud, only change from standard is a Forge v1 dump valve (fitted by prior owner.) I'm not a fan of having Shreks ears on my car haha. Yeah I am on MPSOC, very useful forums with some colourful characters.

Associate
Looks tasty that, the black does look good! Now I look at it mine could also be lowered on aero springs. Do you have a side on Pic LukeTW?

Associate
As I am about to graduate I need a normal car to get to work and back when its raining for around 5k or so.

How have you found the Mazda3 MPS? Is it reliable? How do you find so much power through the front wheels? does it torque steer?

I basically want an unassuming, practical and reasonably quick car. The Focus ST is too in your face, as are the imprezas etc.

I don't want a car too low as I will be going camping and chucking kayaks on the roof and it needs to get me to rivers/lakes over some less than flat roads.

Soldato
Good to see some MPS'! I've had mine for about a year and a half and still only seen 3 others in the UK. In the last year I've seen so many more in Silicon Valley and Geneva!

vgrvqnu.jpg.png

As I am about to graduate I need a normal car to get to work and back when its raining for around 5k or so.

How have you found the Mazda3 MPS? Is it reliable? How do you find so much power through the front wheels? does it torque steer?

I basically want an unassuming, practical and reasonably quick car. The Focus ST is too in your face, as are the imprezas etc.

I don't want a car too low as I will be going camping and chucking kayaks on the roof and it needs to get me to rivers/lakes over some less than flat roads.

Don't get aero if you don't want a car too low. I've been caught out numerous times not being able to get into campsites or even park on some streets around London which require half on half off kerb parking. Not to mention there are a lot of roads with insane speed bumps about. Other than the low factor it's pretty practical.

Associate
Some right MPS loving here! :D I've seen a good 10-15 around the south west so far really. I mimic what Lethal` says really I haven't had any reliability issues (although I'm just about to replace my Teeves units as mine thinks my TC doesn't work.)

Other than that bar the £485 per year to tax they are fantastic fun. Nathwrath has the MPS MK2 which is cheaper to tax and to my knowledge a few more refinements. Road bumps can be a bit of a pig but I think mine has been put on Aero springs from the factory.

There is one thing to look out for and thats the VVT system can get slack on the chain, one way to test this is to take the cover off and check the banana guides for chain marks as that's a bad sign. To replace the whole VVT is about £350 in parts from the states and get a decent mechanic to do it.

Sometimes turbo seals can go but hell that can happen but you'd be looking at a fairly decent bill for that as it'd be a new turbo. Signs for that are blue smoke on idle if you do notice it then use 5-40w oil see if that helps. Main maintenance is every 4,500 drop the oil out and replace it and the filter. I use castrol magnatec 5-30w A1.

As for people saying about torque steer yeah they do a bit but if you have decent rubber on them and the tracking done right it should be okay just be sensible before jamming your right hoof into the carpet.

An Lethal` good to see you have taste in colours ;) she looks magnificent. Any mods on yours or standard?

Soldato
As for people saying about torque steer yeah they do a bit but if you have decent rubber on them and the tracking done right it should be okay just be sensible before jamming your right hoof into the carpet.

An Lethal` good to see you have taste in colours ;) she looks magnificent. Any mods on yours or standard?

Yeah. Torque steer is definitely there but manageable! Eagle F1A2s help a lot :)

No mods as yet. I keep meaning to add an SRI just to actually hear something. I really should have taken advantage of the 1.65 GBP->USD rate when I was over there in November. Previous car was a V8 so this is quite lacking in the noise department :(

As for color... how many people think your car is grey? It's infuriating!

Man of Honour
Those MPSs are quick cars. There was one in our convoy (with the slot on the bonnet) down to the Silverstone Sunday Service last week - I was quite surprised how quick it went (and how much smoke came out of the exhaust when he put his foot down!).

Soldato
Unfortunately not a naff Ford or petrol BMW, but a dag dag Audi ;)

Picked her up today

Main specs:

'12 plate 3.0L TDI S-Line Multitronic
28k miles
Concert radio/CD player with Dual MP3, SD card readers and aux input socket
Bang + Olufsen advanced sound system - 10 speakers
HDD Sat Nav with MMI 3G
Blue Tooth phone preparation and interface
Colour driver's information system display
18" 5 spoke S Line alloy wheels (which for me are the weak point, but a minor niggle as I got the rest of the spec / toys I was after)
S Line body styling inc front bumper with platinum optic bumper blade (whatever that is)
LED DRLs
High gloss black grille
3 spoke sports leather multi-function steering wheel with gear shift paddles
3 zone climate control
Cruise control
Xenon headlights including washers + automatic range adjustment
Automatic headlights + automatic windscreen wipers
Heated front seats
Fine Nappa leather upholstery
Split folding rear seat
Front sports seats including electric lumbar support
Black headlining
Tinted rear passenger, rear quarter and rear windows

Old one on the left (white) new on the right (silver)

pxlFbI9.jpg

It has lashed it down since I picked her up so heres some of the images from the dealer:

xe8NykH.jpg

yWZPwqH.jpg

And some iPotato shots from inside:

Cockpit:

aisJtpr.jpg

fzidcim.jpg

Flappy paddles for the Multitronic gear shift

y7TnETX.jpg

yYrJPum.jpg

Dual SD card slots to load up with musak

2w8pO6d.jpg

Music read out display

78oM5Jt.jpg

LN0VF3X.jpg

B&O Sound System

l3PPWiQ.jpg

MMI Interface

LcMRfvA.jpg

so far, loving it :D

let the dag dag Audi hate commence .................

Associate
Rubbish recent pics of the S2K
S4 really is bad in anything but bright sunlight but ah well.

New matts are on there way to replace the generic halfords ones that are in it and then due its MOT.

16795058318_75b8d99819_o.jpg

16775399997_8fb8fcc244_o.jpg

16360408864_0c5c2a4613_o.jpg

Still loving it every time I get in it :D

***Resize images or put them in spoilers if they're too large***

Back
Top Bottom