Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
@Scania , I finally got a proper truck ;) I can see why you like them so much now, been in this for a few weeks since I changed jobs and I finally understand the hype. Needs a bit of work with the cutting compound but it's a job for when the garage is empty to get it indoors on a Satuday. Lovely truck top of the range interior with leather heated/AC seats, double glazing full air including front axle etc the list goes on.

3aFmCNz.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Scania , I finally got a proper truck ;) I can see why you like them so much now, been in this for a few weeks since I changed jobs and I finally understand the hype. Needs a bit of work with the cutting compound but it's a job for when the garage is empty to get it indoors on a Satuday. Lovely truck top of the range interior with leather heated/AC seats, double glazing full air including front axle etc the list goes on.

3aFmCNz.jpg

You can starting wearing high heels now you got a V8. ;)

We have Daf's, Merc's and Scania's. The new gens are the pick of the bunch and unlike the Daf's can actually go up hills. Ours are fleet spec 6 cylinder R450's though. They are all meant to be the same power but the Scania's are just in a different league with the drivetrain.

Must be a nice drive with front air though.

Soldato
Oh yeah, plaid shirt and dealers boots are in the post and I've got Marty Mone on repeat already ;)

The drivetrain is decent but I miss the manual box in my DAF. I still like a DAF but they just don't hide the age at all and they really do start to come apart after a few years with rattles and bangs in the interior, great trucks when they are in their prime though.

Funnily enough a good friend of mine has been in a mirrorless Merc while his DAF is in for repair, doing similar kind of work. He hates the camera system and has really struggled with the long loads on some jobs because they just don't have the vision of a conventional mirror, so Mercs are a no from me :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh yeah, plaid shirt and dealers boots are in the post and I've got Marty Mone on repeat already ;)

The drivetrain is decent but I miss the manual box in my DAF. I still like a DAF but they just don't hide the age at all and they really do start to come apart after a few years with rattles and bangs in the interior, great trucks when they are in their prime though.

Funnily enough a good friend of mine has been in a mirrorless Merc while his DAF is in for repair, doing similar kind of work. He hates the camera system and has really struggled with the long loads on some jobs because they just don't have the vision of a conventional mirror, so Mercs are a no from me :p

Yeah mirror cams are a nightmare and I would never buy a car with them. In that respect give me an XF any day of the week. Depth perception of them is terrible and because they make the trailer look like a triangle it is very difficult to reverse in a straight line. Whenever I reverse with them I just hang half my body out the window like an old boy and do it that way! Shame really as the rest of the cab is really nice apart from the electronic handbrake!

Only positive is mirror cam makes you look like a pro when you do blind side.

Last edited:
Soldato
KmsbkUh.jpg

walking back to car after visiting Italian supermarket, thought it would make a nice photo of the m550i.

Have had a 3 stage correction and ceramic coating applied, keep meaning to post photos/videos from that but haven't gotten round to it!

As threatened above! A few weeks ago I had www.unique-detail.co.uk undertake a 3 stage paint correction, and apply Titan Vulcan TX155 (which from my research is the best ceramic coating on the market). This was half paid for by the supplying dealer, as the paint work was not what it should be.....

The results are absolutely remarkable - not only have 98% of the blemishes gone to all but the most critical eye (ie with a torch), but the overall look of the car and the way the amazing "Aventurinrot II" (Aventurin Red II) individual colour pops, is remarkable. Oh, and it stays cleaner and is much easier to clean once it is dirty. All in all, incredible job!

bzo3F3V.jpg

qncGJHq.jpg

EIw9bC8.jpg

0AbUHUV.jpg

vTjYjkD.jpg

GNvLjBU.jpg

d0o4RJj.jpg

uqFVACk.jpg

YNQsIuK.jpg

r75m3t7.jpg

Sq1C1Ir.jpg

zGUPji4.jpg

DcjVcyF.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
@rG-tom It's beautiful, If I had the money, I'd get one in a heartbeat, 540i at the least! And maybe as a touring.

I honestly believe it's going to be the last good looking BMW we'll see in a good while, I already hate the look of the G60 5 Series, and the rest of the range, the beaver teeth, the Roblox M2.

Man of Honour
It's not really my thing, but I like the new Defender, especially in black. Has a bit of a G Wagon vibe about it.

I had a sit in one though and was a little underwhelmed, felt a bit gimmicky, but I suppose that's the part of the fun...

They're certainly selling well.

Man of Honour
I'm sorry but those Defenders are the most vile vehicles on the road.

I'm not a huge fan of them stock and the interior is hit and miss for my personal tastes - but "tastefully" ruggedized, with some mild "murdering out" I actually like the look of them. Someone near me has one with a wide body kit, not sure if done by Predator but similar style - I'll try and get a picture off my dashcam next time they pass me if I can as personally I think it is really well done.

Back
Top Bottom