Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Popped out for breakfast with a couple of mates this morning, this as rare as mine I think!

2023-12-31-13-53-49.jpg
They look so purposeful, love it!

Soldato
Well, I had a slightly insane turn of luck on Friday night. Sat at home with a broken boiler trying to work out how to fund the replacement (beyond economical repair) on the phone to parents talking through options and I missed a phonecall. Turned out I'd won an Evo :D

Picked it up Sunday and literally haven't been home in daylight hours since picking it up, but it is an insane piece of kit. 552bhp on high boost with switchable antilag (childish side of me loves it) along with a full underside restoration in the near past.

Hopefully you'll allow the pictures direct from DCG, it's every bit as clean as it looks :D

C3DwFzfOeF67F1OYSzqAqM

iyedxRrhcNm4qBom0lp9pw

TiFjV3jTf9_66cdYftjAVM

That is lovely!! I miss my Evo's amazing cars.

Associate
Lol I thought he’d won another one until I clicked on the post link

I mean technically my Blue Evo 9 is actually the second Evo 9 I've won from DCG :D

That is lovely!! I miss my Evo's amazing cars.

Smitten with the thing truth be told, its a beast and so raw/fun to drive :) Do need to sort out the downpipe though its knocking against the antirollbar and with so much being changed with turbo/elbow/downpipe need to work out the best way to resolve it :) Took it on a run along the south coast over Christmas when visiting family.

415035651_10159713686491966_2262319152695444529_n.jpg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Well, I had a slightly insane turn of luck on Friday night. Sat at home with a broken boiler trying to work out how to fund the replacement (beyond economical repair) on the phone to parents talking through options and I missed a phonecall. Turned out I'd won an Evo :D

Picked it up Sunday and literally haven't been home in daylight hours since picking it up, but it is an insane piece of kit. 552bhp on high boost with switchable antilag (childish side of me loves it) along with a full underside restoration in the near past.

Hopefully you'll allow the pictures direct from DCG, it's every bit as clean as it looks :D

C3DwFzfOeF67F1OYSzqAqM

iyedxRrhcNm4qBom0lp9pw

TiFjV3jTf9_66cdYftjAVM
Nice! They bought my S15 Spec R Aero awhile back.

Edit:

I was considering getting Evo 9, but the prices are just too high... 20k would be ok, over 30k for one now is hard to swallow.

Last edited:
Soldato
I mean technically my Blue Evo 9 is actually the second Evo 9 I've won from DCG :D

Smitten with the thing truth be told, its a beast and so raw/fun to drive :) Do need to sort out the downpipe though its knocking against the antirollbar and with so much being changed with turbo/elbow/downpipe need to work out the best way to resolve it :) Took it on a run along the south coast over Christmas when visiting family.

God, I want one.

Associate

Beautiful colour.

V_R

V_R

Soldato

I love everything about that, apart from the wind deflectors.

Associate
Nice! They bought my S15 Spec R Aero awhile back.

Edit:

I was considering getting Evo 9, but the prices are just too high... 20k would be ok, over 30k for one now is hard to swallow.

Totally get it. I always wanted a Sunflower Yellow Evo 3, then a neighbour had a black Evo 8 and I was smitten but could never justify what they were let alone what they are now. I've said to so many friends if I had £40k I'd never buy this Evo but at the same time I have no plans of selling it in the short term at the very least. The Red one I won I sold back to DCG to put money on top of my 360 to buy the McLaren 650S and always slightly regretted selling it. Probably had tickets on your old S15, always have a little punt on those too :D

Same as the FD RX7 I had when I was 21/22, when it was a £6k car it was amazing. £10k I'd have another in a heartbeat. £25-30k and I'll have to pass...

God, I want one.
Beautiful colour.

Thanks, it's a beauty for sure :D Had it on the ramp the other day and its ridiculously clean still after its restoration a couple of years ago. Downpipe knocking on the arb is annoying me though so tomorrow measuring if adjustable droplinks will sort the problem or if I need to find an exhaust place to modify the downpipe (or get a different brand, but might have the same issue). Ruri blue is amazing when clean just a difficult task this time of year :D

I love everything about that, apart from the wind deflectors.

They're genuine mitsubishi deflectors but I am toying with removing them in spring as I feel they just add a bit too much clutter to the car.

Soldato
I buy a ticket every now and then. You never know!

Must be a nice feeling getting that winning call :D

When it comes down to it, I bet it's hard to decide between the car Vs the cash, I'd likely go car as you can have some fun then sell it on after for similar

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Totally get it. I always wanted a Sunflower Yellow Evo 3, then a neighbour had a black Evo 8 and I was smitten but could never justify what they were let alone what they are now. I've said to so many friends if I had £40k I'd never buy this Evo but at the same time I have no plans of selling it in the short term at the very least. The Red one I won I sold back to DCG to put money on top of my 360 to buy the McLaren 650S and always slightly regretted selling it. Probably had tickets on your old S15, always have a little punt on those too :D

Same as the FD RX7 I had when I was 21/22, when it was a £6k car it was amazing. £10k I'd have another in a heartbeat. £25-30k and I'll have to pass...
EVO 9 HKS Edition was my dream EVO, they were never cheap, always held their value well, but what's happening now is just crazy... I never had the balls to pull the trigger on a RX7 FD, the Rotary terrified me. lol Sounds like you've good luck, I don't so gave up on the lotteries... :/ That EVO won't go down in value, the motorsport heritage will only bump that price up, it won't be shooting up in value like it did, but steadily it'll go up.

I only had S15 Spec-r Aero, JZX100 Chaser Tourer V, JZX110 MK2 from the JDM stuff.

FB-IMG-1568658212215.jpg

received-480178569207850.jpg

Back
Top Bottom