Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Couple of action shots from Isle of Man

FoM23-02-friday-jurby-00317.jpg FoM23-04-sunday-00008.jpg FoM23-04-sunday-01720.jpg

Planning an Austria / Italy trip for later this year, car goes in for its major 4th year service end of this month which is only £1300 as McLaren have launched a new 4+ programme where all McLarens older than four years get discounted servicing rates, that means the minor service is now only £700, for me McLaren ownership so far has been superb, 40mpg on runs, insane performance on track and road, we hit nearly 180mph on the roads in isle of man without trying, keeping it very safe if there is such a thing as such speeds on public road and it has been a comfortable car even though its an LT. Two year warranty cost is £4500 and even with the crazy market and car prices crashing, 600 LT's are the same prices today as they were when I purchased mine, in some cases higher, though generally other McLarens have taken a hit, crazy some 720S have been swapping hands for not much over 100k, still for me the 600 LT is my favourite obtainable McLaren, only other one I'd be after if funds were unlimited would be a P1. :D

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
675 is the one (I am told)

Yes very good but not for me, I am not overly fond of how super series drive due to hydraulic suspension just removes a feel/connection from the car for myself personally, and in the end the 600 LT is the best sounding of any McLaren I've driven, greatly assisted by top mounted exhaust right behind your head which the Spider you have full access to that glorious sound track, for me its the only McLaren in the range I'd personally buy which I did and for me personally its the best looking McLaren, hence buying one. :D

If I ever sell it will not be for another McLaren, rest of the range though very good just don't really do it for me, I will either drop into a GT4 RS or 812 Superfast next I think, or I might be tempted to try a V12 Aston, must be getting older. :D

Soldato
Tried out Koch Chemie Protector Wax today for the first time. As spray on wax goes I usually use AutoGlym Polar Seal but fancied trying the PW stuff as it gets excellent reviews. I'm impressed, seems to leave a deeper shine, beads and sheets off just as good too. Will see how it lasts, longevity wise compared to the AG Polar Seal.

Also - used the 'dry the car with water' method for the first time - MIND BLOWN!!! :D

SI6eAec.jpg

LOHHYy7.jpg

dXX78e6.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I shrank my wheels.

celmMVd.jpg

irfqiGx.jpg

ntqjII7.jpg

Because I've had to replace 3 wheels in the last year due to pothole damage. The OE 20" are vulnerable and weak, I'm pretty confident they're just cast. OE 19" and 18" don't fit over the bigger brakes. These are Tsportline TST in 18", same width, same offset, and with a 235/45 tyre they make the same circle (<1% smaller). It's a bit quieter and smoother but not much, you have to pay attention to notice. I keep finding myself doing 35-40 in 30 limits, didn't realise some of my brain calibration was noise based. Steering feel is just as numb as it always was but a little bit of the directness/responsiveness to inputs is gone. Overall I'm happy with it.

OcUK Staff
IMG_5409.jpeg IMG_5400.jpeg

Finally got as properly dry drive in the R8, it’s by no means a McLaren but it is a rather enjoyable car to drive and you can drive it very hard and been the V8 it’s never going insanely fast.

Got under my skin a little been such a useable car, with the exhaust I’ve fitted it sounds absolutely incredible, like been a big kid all over again. :D

Caporegime
IMG_5409.jpeg IMG_5400.jpeg

Finally got as properly dry drive in the R8, it’s by no means a McLaren but it is a rather enjoyable car to drive and you can drive it very hard and been the V8 it’s never going insanely fast.

Got under my skin a little been such a useable car, with the exhaust I’ve fitted it sounds absolutely incredible, like been a big kid all over again. :D
i must admit that at the last supercar day at croft, out of all the Ferraris, Lambos, Mclarens etc there the R8s sounded the best going around the track.

Permabanned
I have a dream to EV convert an old Ferrari 348 one day. The V8s were crap in them but they're so cool. One day.
:cry:You clearly have never even driven one then! 296bhp 3.4L with a factory fitted dry sump, with one of the best chassis' and gated shifter combos ever made... Yeahhhh rubbish ;):rolleyes:
They sound amazing with an exhaust mod.

You sure you didn't go out in an MR2 with a bodykit :cry:

If you think ruining that perfect weight distribution/handling/symphony with a heavy asf EV then you really aren't a car enthusiast.

Oh well, more fun for me then ;)
20231006-182612.jpg

348tb.jpg

45-BE59-A7-2-CE8-41-ED-8-A11-B383-B05565-F5.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
:cry:You clearly have never even driven one then! 296bhp 3.4L with a factory fitted dry sump, with one of the best chassis' and gated shifter combos ever made... Yeahhhh rubbish ;):rolleyes:

20231006-182612.jpg

348tb.jpg

45-BE59-A7-2-CE8-41-ED-8-A11-B383-B05565-F5.jpg

This they are stunning cars and the engine maybe compared to a modern V8 is lacking but for its age it was spot on and the old manual Ferrari's are incredible driving cars:

The 348, 355 and 360 are the last of the great manual Ferrari's, I don't include the 430 simply as its introduced the fancy E-Diff and traction systems, by no means are they a poor drive, but the 360 and before it just have a real raw race car feeling about them that is old school, but they also then can turn into great cruisers apart from the drone and rattles some emit due to naughty exhaust systems. :D

Soldato
They sound amazing with an exhaust mod.

If you think ruining that perfect weight distribution/handling/symphony with a heavy asf EV then you really aren't a car enthusiast.

Out of interest, do you post on Pistonheads?

Permabanned
This they are stunning cars and the engine maybe compared to a modern V8 is lacking but for its age it was spot on and the old manual Ferrari's are incredible driving cars:

The 348, 355 and 360 are the last of the great manual Ferrari's, I don't include the 430 simply as its introduced the fancy E-Diff and traction systems, by no means are they a poor drive, but the 360 and before it just have a real raw race car feeling about them that is old school, but they also then can turn into great cruisers apart from the drone and rattles some emit due to naughty exhaust systems. :D
I'd love to put a video up of how amazing it sounds with this exhaust but i really cba to edit the plate out and bait the unit out. But it is VERY loud/amazing haha put it that way.

They drift awesome out of the box too despite being an MR layout, unlike an MR2 for example and others, it doesn't promote understeer/oversteer at the same time, which is very impressive.

I'd say the power is perfect for the car personally, my mate has a 1st gen milano red NSX and I went out in that when it was less than 10 years old and that was slow for what it is even back then - still didn't feel that good despite being an awesome car/chassis...

The 348 however definitely isn't/doesn't feel it now, just like the E36 M3 doesn't, but I must stress, FOR the car.

At the end of the day any car over or around a tonne with 300bhp N/A and a 6/8 cylinder is never going to feel slow with that immediate instant torque of a 6/8 cylinder displacement, let alone something proper race derived.

The 355 was awesome, 360 is cool but too modern for my liking even at the time and the styling was a bit too curvy for me, they are still cool and obviously drive/sound amazing/fast enough, but for me it ends with the 355 if we are talking V8 N/A's of the old school.

Yeah E-Diff's are a bit hit or miss, they love to overheat/play up, really not what you want at high speed or cornering.

My all time favourite is the 288GTO, the F40 before the F40, literally a wolf in sheeps clothing, OBVIOUSLY an F40 is the don, but it looks like it's literally intended to be a supercar and stupid fast/so it's an obvious choice, where as you do not expect a 288GTO to be as fast/handle like it does, you just think oh that's a sexy old car...

You will LOVE this Gibbo, the guy owns race spec F40, a XJ220 and rallies (yeah really) brand new Rolls Royces in his field haha, turn the sound up!

Oh and Chris Harris did a wicked 512TR mini movie as well, yes I know it's a V12 and we were discussing the V8 ferrari's, but as you mentioned CH I thought you'd also enjoy this ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Out of interest, do you post on Pistonheads?
Haha, I know where you're going with this ;) :cry: :D

Jokes aside, I just enjoy cars and have friends with a wide variety of cars. We do drifting/grip track stuff and all maintain restoring/modifying the old school analogue classics.

I've driven mostly everything modern due to being in the trade, and nothing new has the soul of the old school, it's all just masked with power/fakery.

Last edited:
Soldato
We need a chefs kiss reaction emoji for the exotic stuff being posted.

I picked up my Giulia from the detailer's place last week, it was in initially to just polish and re-coat the offside that was repaired from the driver's door to the rear quarter panel (after being T-boned back in Nov). However, after cleaning it recently it was apparent there was tonnes of overspray - even on the near side. Clearly the repairers didn't seal the rest of the car and the paint in the air settled all over the rest of the car.

So the whole thing was compounded/polished to remove the overspray and it was re-coated in Labocosmetica SAM + HC.

Last edited:
Soldato
We need a chefs kiss reaction emoji for the exotic stuff being posted.

I picked up my Giulia from the detailer's place last week, it was in initially to just polish and re-coat the offside that was repaired from the driver's door to the rear quarter panel (after being T-boned back in Nov). However, after cleaning it recently it was apparent there was tonnes of overspray - even on the near side. Clearly the repairers didn't seal the rest of the car and the paint in the air settled all over the rest of the car.

So the whole thing was compounded/polished to remove the overspray and it was re-coated in Labocosmetica SAM + HC.

Beautiful

Back
Top Bottom