Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
They seem to be quite well regarded over on S2Ki
I tried a number of aftermarket pipes on my last S2000 and they all droned something terrible. The Milltek apparently doesn't.
Miltek were a popular choice for the GT86, and as I remember, there were huge numbers of complaints with them cracking and welds failing after a relatively short period of time. I think Miltek replaced them no questions asked, and they ended up with a revised version with added flex pipes, but still, bit of a poor show.

Car looks ace btw :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Better pics now I have it home

sSETvll.jpeg

wNJr0H6.jpeg

1V13jvs.jpeg

I'd love one of these next, lovely example

Soldato
Says a lot that after all these years the S2K still has so much respect and value. I don't think I'll ever own one due to their continued price rises, but I'd love to drive one in anger once or twice to appreciate it for myself. Looks fantastic, Rilot!

Man of Honour
They seem to be quite well regarded over on S2Ki
I tried a number of aftermarket pipes on my last S2000 and they all droned something terrible. The Milltek apparently doesn't.
Fujitsubo RM-01A, had this on my S2000 and it was a lovely piece of kit.

Most stuff I've seen recommended on car forums and tried over the years has been junk, no one seems to want to own up to bad purchases.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Might be the only owner on OcUK, or soon to be of an Alpine A110S, deposit placed today and going to collect when I return from holiday next month, cannot wait after numerous test drives of A110 and A110S last few weeks and trying some at Donington yesterday also, made my decision and trigger pulled:

forum.jpg forum1.jpg

A very different choice but after driving both the A110 and A110S I was somewhat blown away, think Lotus Exige handling, but far nicer place to sit and do miles in, I for one love the fact it is a DCT box, got enough manuals as this will make daily chores not only easy but plenty of fun. The highlight of driving them is lightness and comfort. :)

Last edited:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I had a lengthy test drive of the A110S recently and I was impressed by most of it, all except the engine note and absolutely contrived pops and bangs from the exhaust. Exactly 3 pops every single time you lift off in the sportier modes, which I found to be tacky beyond belief. The firmness of the S suspension would grate on me very quickly around here, the roads are in a terrible state and the S is very stiffly sprung IMO.

The rest of the car is pretty good for a French car!

I came away thinking I'd rather a GT for UK road use as it is the A110S (so same 296bhp engine map) with the softer suspension and leather interior rather than Alcantara. Horses for courses though!

OcUK Staff
I had a lengthy test drive of the A110S recently and I was impressed by most of it, all except the engine note and absolutely contrived pops and bangs from the exhaust. Exactly 3 pops every single time you lift off in the sportier modes, which I found to be tacky beyond belief. The firmness of the S suspension would grate on me very quickly around here, the roads are in a terrible state and the S is very stiffly sprung IMO.

The rest of the car is pretty good for a French car!

I came away thinking I'd rather a GT for UK road use as it is the A110S (so same 296bhp engine map) with the softer suspension and leather interior rather than Alcantara. Horses for courses though!

For me A110 to soft and A110S a little too firm as such I’ll be putting a Life110 Geo on the car immediately as have settings to hand which supposedly helps a little and will then do springs which helps a bit, if still needs sorting then people rate the Billstein dampers but for me the S is the better starting ground and I’ll be taking it on track too, bit cheaper to track than a McLaren. :D

I used to drive around in an SVR so exhaust fruitiness don’t offend me but it can all be tuned out if I decide to really mess with car as their is a whole host of gearbox and engine tuning methods.

Last edited:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
For me A110 to soft and A110S a little too firm as such I’ll be putting a Life110 Geo on the car immediately as have settings to hand which supposedly helps a little and will then do springs which helps a bit, if still needs sorting then people rate the Billstein dampers but for me the S is the better starting ground and I’ll be taking it on track too, bit cheaper to track than a McLaren. :D

I used to drive around in an SVR so exhaust fruitiness don’t offend me but it can all be tuned out if I decide to really mess with car as their is a whole host of gearbox and engine tuning methods.

I don't mind the fruityness of the odd crackle if it is organic (like it is in the SVR) but when you can set your watch by each individual pop, its a bit naff IMO. I am definitely interested to see if you can soften it enough to not drive you nuts if you intend to daily it! :D

Soldato
I was seriously considering the A110 a couple of years ago. Would have been a bit of a stretch financially, but no manual gearbox is a bit of a downside for me. So I abandoned the idea when the GR86 was announced. Would still love to have a drive in one though.

Back
Top Bottom