Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Suns out nice motors out :D Had a fun run out to C&M last weekend, got sent lots of decent photos from my outing there :)

431111087_10159806771636966_2297776415972516810_n.jpg

OcUK Staff
Here it is:

IMG_6227.jpeg IMG_6229.jpeg IMG_6233.jpeg IMG_6236.jpeg

Alpine A110S Aero with every option, crazy at £85,000 list price but got it for a whisker over 50k.

Got the full suede interior pack and for what is such a light car (1100kg) it feels so upmarket on the inside not a single rattle/creak or anything and a surprisingly good sound system (Focal with subwoofer).

Not sure if the revised 300PS also made adjustments to the gearbox as the changes are PDK quick more or less but just as smooth whereas the 21 A110S was not as so.

Also the ride quality which was a concern for me going the S was something I need not fear particular on roads I drive locally so far it’s better than my M2 OG and no worse than GR Yaris.

On motorway it was returning 42-47mpg and door to door with some fun A roads thrown in it did 36mpg, it’s bloody quick for just 300PS but mega short gearing and lack of weight.

Cannot wait to get more miles on it but great first impressions! :)

Man of Honour
I’m pretty sure the guy I bought it off just sold the blue fd2 and took the plate off to sell separately.. small world.
The car went to a guy up near Manchester, he then sold it to a guy in Wales I think who had just sold it again. I was half tempted to buy it back if I’m honest.

Soldato
Here it is:

Alpine A110S Aero with every option, crazy at £85,000 list price but got it for a whisker over 50k.

Got the full suede interior pack and for what is such a light car (1100kg) it feels so upmarket on the inside not a single rattle/creak or anything and a surprisingly good sound system (Focal with subwoofer).

Not sure if the revised 300PS also made adjustments to the gearbox as the changes are PDK quick more or less but just as smooth whereas the 21 A110S was not as so.

Also the ride quality which was a concern for me going the S was something I need not fear particular on roads I drive locally so far it’s better than my M2 OG and no worse than GR Yaris.

On motorway it was returning 42-47mpg and door to door with some fun A roads thrown in it did 36mpg, it’s bloody quick for just 300PS but mega short gearing and lack of weight.

Looks good, do like the aero kit, hopefully the interior remains rattle free; after 20k miles my comfort seats are annoyingly creaky and I've replaced a handful of trim panel clips that seem to have lost their spring and have turned rattly. Agreed the focal system is brilliant for what it is.

Soldato
Here it is:

Exact same engine as my RS300! You have a different 7 speed gearbox though that's why the gearing is short to maximise acceleration.

Same has it had the fuel pump recall done? Alpine did a lot of those recently.....keep it brimmed never run the tank dry seems best way to make them not fail!

OcUK Staff
Exact same engine as my RS300! You have a different 7 speed gearbox though that's why the gearing is short to maximise acceleration.

Same has it had the fuel pump recall done? Alpine did a lot of those recently.....keep it brimmed never run the tank dry seems best way to make them not fail!

Yes Alpine London prep was nothing short of astonishing, before my collection they did:
- Fuel pump recall done
- Major service even though it was only 300 miles since its previous service
- Full paint correction machine polish
- Full tank of Shell Vpower

Robert was nothing short of exceptional, the only two issues I have noticed with the car and one I was expecting:
- The car is nervous on straight ahead at speed, tramlining easily, this is because Alpine in their wisdom set quite a lot of front-end toe out, talking over ten minutes per side and hence why owners see such transformations from alignment setup, I have the settings from Life110 which I shall be sorting.
- Second is an annoying squeak when coming of the go pedal, in short the exhaust valve is squeaking, I have flagged the issue this morning with Alpine London and they have replied stating it shall be repaired/replaced, from looking on forums again common issue which is normally resolved by a new sports exhaust. Only audible windows down, but I don't want a squeaking car and they are happy to let Alpine RRG Manchester do the replacement as same dealer network.

I will sort the alignment once my mates Hunter is free as am just going to put the Life110 fast road / track setup on all round, got replacement set of wheels arriving today with PS4 tyres, as shall save the Cup 2 tyres for track work but the Alpine front-end is far better than my Exige was on Cup 2 in such cold/damp conditions as that literally would no turn whereas the Alpine seems to have alarmingly high levels of grip and from what I can gather both the Exige and Alpine both weigh 1100kg and both mid-engine but the Alpine is double wishbone setup both front and rear, not sure what Exige was and having driven the car a little more the ride on my S seems spot on, it certainly feels softer than the 21 S I drove but 22 onwards is where they got revised to 300PS and maybe Alpine made other tweaks, but once PS4 are on and alignment done ride will be better again, I shall check the springs and dampers, just in case.

I also did an LC in it, cannot believe it has LC and on its little computer it recorded a 3.92s 0-60mph dash, but it does feel properly quick as well and the way it changes direction is uncanny, absolutely a baby McLaren in making, it is in short a French Lotus or a baby McLaren but with far far cheaper running cost, amazing fuel economy, insurance is £300, only expensive part is the £550 road tax for first five years and then its £180 on sixth birthday onwards. :)

As much as I respect the A110 for its performance chops, I just think the thing is ugly. I can't put my finger on why though. Something about the rear end just doesn't work.

I felt totally the same, always in pictures was of the thought the two small round lights need deleting as it just looks weird, strangely enough I never had fault with rear end. In person though when I spotted one at a car meet a few months back it really grabbed my attention as I said to my other half I always thought they were ugly, I then decided to go drive one, that was a mistake as I ended up buying one. :D

Back
Top Bottom