Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Loving the Alto. Needs some dish on the wheels though m8. These always look sexy with dish.

I'm not a huge fan of how these wheels look, so if I keep it long enough I'll likely fit something different.

Although they are genuine SuzukiSport Type C, SuzukiSport option catalogue stuff. It also has the suspension, exhaust, and other bits.

It is difficult finding small relatively high offset 4x100 wheels though.

Caporegime
That engine bay looks a mess, first thing I'd be doing is giving it a proper tidy up. The throttle cable can be rerouted differently for a start. A LOT of potential to turn that in to an epic little show car, get cracking @Akagi :cool:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Change my alloys, AMG GTI Hot-rod.

GTIAMGHotrod.jpg

(had a 4 wheel refurb done, they are donor wheels)

Last edited:
Caporegime
That engine bay looks a mess, first thing I'd be doing is giving it a proper tidy up. The throttle cable can be rerouted differently for a start. A LOT of potential to turn that in to an epic little show car, get cracking @Akagi :cool:

Thanks for your input. *puts your input in the bin*
The throttle cable is where it is supposed to be.
What else do you propose I do, the engine bay is SMALL!

VGrJF4V.jpeg

I have since tucked in that rogue vacuum line at the back though.

I might tidy those earth cables with a couple of cable ties, and wrap the loom on the passenger side, but thats about all I can do.

:p

Last edited:
Caporegime
What else do you propose I do

Black hoses everywhere, paint the cutesy wutesy valve cover black, replace or paint the hose clamps black, same with the green cap on the coolant reservoir (or find a way to black the whole reservoir if that's possible). Lose the sticker on the radiator cap, lose the sticker on the throttle body, heat-shrink all the cables in black. I'd probably also paint the rad black.

Other colours are available ofc.

Also, your screws from your headlight surrounds are missing :D

Caporegime
Black hoses everywhere, paint the cutesy wutesy valve cover black, replace or paint the hose clamps black, same with the green cap on the coolant reservoir (or find a way to black the whole reservoir if that's possible). Lose the sticker on the radiator cap, lose the sticker on the throttle body, heat-shrink all the cables in black. I'd probably also paint the rad black.

I replaced the black vacuum lines with neon pink ones because tuner vibes innit. :D
I only just painted the valve cover red, I think it looks awesome! I was originally going to do it crinkle black or high gloss black, but I'd never done the whole "red valve cover +5hp" thing before, and I had some BMW red sitting about. :p
Hose clamps look better with a bit of contrast IMO, but I might replace them with narrower ones which are all uniform.
Black coolant res cap would look pretty good! But not fussed really. Not going to cover it completely cos I like being able to check the level easily.
Agree on the radiator cap sticker! Just haven't peeled it off yet.
The "throttle body" is the intake manifold! And I kinda like the stickers, I did put them there after all. :o
Agree on blacking out the cables, but that sounds too much like work to me.
The rad core has already been sprayed black, doesn't show up well in pics though. But I might get a shroud that covers the gap between it and the front bar.
Those holes are for clips which I don't have. :( But the headlight surrounds are part of the bumper so its fine.

BTW @Akagi I hope you don't think I'm dissing your ride, I do rather like it and this is purely meant as some ideas rather than pooping it <3

All good! The engine bay is the nicest part currently though. :eek:
Slowly working on things...

Last edited:
Soldato

Caporegime
It looks weird without the chin spoiler. Like its missing its... Chin.

zxM9bJW.jpeg

I am getting so ****ing fed up with this thing, I just wanted to wrap its roof black because the paintwork on the roof was awful, and I go to wash out the gutters in preparation, and the paint flies off in chunks. And then I have to spend ages sanding and feathering the edges and vactan-ing, and tomorrow I have to filler primer, and block sand, before I can even THINK about wrapping it.

People from Bradford shouldn't be allowed to own cars, there I said it. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
IMHO the last of the great Nissan Sports cars... we've got a 350Z Roadster and love it... reallly realiable, feels manly on gears and clutch etc and nice large engine. Missus is starting to look at these, how's your been?
Totally amazing, like you say so reliable. Only had one issue since owning her, and that was the headlight washer pump cracked and was leaking. Nissan wanted £500+ for it. Struggled to find a place that sold 3rd party ones for a reasonable price. In the end bought one from aliexpress for about £40 delivered and swapped it myself, did require a wheel and arch lining removal to get to it, but other than that small issue. Not a single blip.

Soldato
Totally amazing, like you say so reliable. Only had one issue since owning her, and that was the headlight washer pump cracked and was leaking. Nissan wanted £500+ for it. Struggled to find a place that sold 3rd party ones for a reasonable price. In the end bought one from aliexpress for about £40 delivered and swapped it myself, did require a wheel and arch lining removal to get to it, but other than that small issue. Not a single blip.
Nice yeah... tbh so rare on the roads, handle like a dream shut the door and has a nice thunk to it... love ours, ours is a 2007... deffo last of the great Nissans tbh (bar the GTR) as they've really gone down the swany and the new Z car looks appalling from the front... plus just looks cheap to me... like everything done on a budget!!!

Associate
I'm a big fan of the 370Z too, just completed a 7th year service on mine and it hasn't skipped a beat. I feel like it was treated a bit unfairly by the press and you still see people parroting the "it's an old car" or "bad interior" criticisms as though car ownership is a game of top trumps. Ironically, a lot of the praise I've seen reviewers give on the new Z (hydraulic steering rack, low-down grunt) were already present characteristics of the Z34.

I still think "wow, this is a great car" pretty much every time I drive it, and that's after 7 years of ownership. It's not the fastest or the most track-focused or the most practical car you can get; but it's pretty effortless to drive whether your're cruising or pushing it, you can fit a couple of suitcases in it, and most of all it's easy to have fun.

Back
Top Bottom