Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Very early 5:30am start this morning:

IMG_7119.jpeg

IMG_7123.jpeg

Totally worth it to have roads to ourselves such a joy to drive so hard the R8 as you never feel to guilty as it’s that level of performance that is just right for the road but also such a special thing to drive.

Totally awesome drive of a solid three hours of proper on it driving on amazing empty roads and then to the PH meet at the Pond:

IMG_7127.jpeg

I need to take more photos but always forget and then finished up at Autobrite cars and coffee for about midday.

Caporegime
I remember mechanically it was ok?

The whole thing was completely screwed, the guy was clearly a bodge artist of the highest order, everything he had touched was done poorly or incorrectly, and I've almost lost track of the issues I've fixed that weren't disclosed.

Arrived with no coolant in it and a seized caliper, mismatched brake pads from side to side, CV boots torn, ball joints screwed, leaking oil and coolant, thermostat stuck open, surface corrosion on the underside which wasn't in the pictures he sent, the horn didn't work cos it had no horn ring (yet it had a new MOT, curious...), had a boosting issue because of a faulty boost control solenoid, crunching in first gear, speedo cable made a horrendous noise, boot wouldn't open, etc.

Everything he touched was done badly, the roof paint is totally trashed and literally washed off, bumper barely held on, splitter held on with wood screws, axle nuts all damaged and shouldn't have been re-used, stuff not tight enough, wrong colour coolant, etc...

Since then the rear brakes have fallen apart, the turbo has blown up, I had to take the engine out to fix a coolant leak and found that the timing belt and water pump hadn't been done, oil seals were leaking, the clutch release bearing was screwed, the list of things I've done to it is exceptionally long. Exceptionally.

Did warn you in the past.

Aye, that you did, and I should have listened to my gut.

But hey, for the most part parts and cheap, and this has been a learning experience so, it isn't all bad.

I enjoy taking a **** car and making it into a good one, but I like to know thats what i'm doing, I'm not a fan of it being a surprise! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
@Akagi Didn’t you turn the boost up…?

Did speak to him a while ago and he mentioned you have been asking for advice?

Learning experience for definite, but again I did warn you on multiple occasions, you should have learnt after the Celica.

Live and learn.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The little Pug arrived and cracking little thing it is and an ideal first car.

lZxrXu7.jpeg

Caporegime
@Akagi Didn’t you turn the boost up…?

Did speak to him a while ago and he mentioned you have been asking for advice?

Learning experience for definite, but again I did warn you on multiple occasions, you should have learnt after the Celica.

Live and learn.

A tiny bit once I'd fixed the boosting issues, but only a couple of PSI.

Yeah I've gone from asking for advice to being one of the two go-to people for advice on the owners club now. ;p

OcUK Staff
Dropped the 600 LT off with McLaren before my holidays so hopefully when I return they have fixed the AC issue (only blows hot), as always grabbed some photos. :D

MCL1.jpg MCL2.jpg MCL3.jpg

Just ticked over 17,000 miles, still love driving it, absolute weapon of a car and a total rush when you unleash all 600 horses, it never tires or gets old, what a blast. :D

Caporegime
I do really think Peugeot have got their mojo back for the past few years. I drove an old generation 308 Gti Peugeot Sport and it was a lovely little thing. We have a family friend who has a Peugeot 208 crossover and it really isn't a bad little run around and they come in some really good colours.

One thing I cannot get over is why they changed their badge? The old Lion was basically perfect. The new one looks really cheap.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I’m impressed by the car and feel it has a bit of Polo about it in terms of feeling like a bigger car than it actually is. Very well soundproofed and nice quality interior with a bit of French funkiness with the holographic dials. Zero space in the back when I am driving as I like my seat well back but it’s not for me. It’s not sporty really and not a 205/106 GTi type of car, but as a first car has safety first with all the bits you could want such as car play, hi res reversing cameras and a 360 all round thing, decent stereo, good screen size with touch and nice seats with seat height adjustment (much needed when you sit in one without!!).

Ive said it before but no one is making bad cars these days and even the lower end cars have had to up their game to compete.

Man of Honour
For sure on the Peugeots upping their game, they decided to push more premium and it seems to be working as part of the seperation of brands with Citroen trying to go more quirky. Whos it for?
My partners son, his first car. He is a chilled guy and careful so far. Think he’ll be fine in it, but if not it’s safe and insured :cry:

Soldato
PPF time. The second time, to be exact. Had a bad experience and got some but not all of my money back from a more local company that were in way over their head doing bulk installations.

Car now at Topaz in good company. It's something different for them so they're loving it lol

967502d8-5c5e-491a-8e49-014639625403.jpg
e6391064-6300-4630-8f6e-ffc04c44399a.jpg
IMG_3363.jpg

Back
Top Bottom