*Show us your pet reptiles.....*

Soldato
He came from the reptile in hotel in Birtley but have traced his birth to the breeding pair in reptilicious in St Helens.

I have another pair myself which I am currently attempting to breed. I have had 2 lots of eggs so far which I have failed to incubate successfully. I am waiting for her to lay again any day now!

Also you would be amazed the number of reptile keepers who I speak to who say a Fiji is on their list ;)

For most it is, until they ask how big a viv they need, and how much they cost. Then it usually comes off the list.

Associate
19113710_10213648091186132_2609211994250939367_n.jpg
Biak locality Green Tree Python. around 14 months old. definitely a display snake as the previous posters mentioned. ok once off perch however try to remove him from it and he will try to murder you.

Last edited:
Associate
I've decided to pass on getting another Boa and im going to go with a arboreal species instead and make a custom viv to fir next to my chimney breast, just deciding what to go for.

What size space do you have to play with for a viv? I'm sure we could all chuck in a suggestion or two.

Don't forget you can get arboreal boa species, such as emeralds.

Associate
Stunning! I assume all bioactive?

What brand of terrarium is that? Looks like something I could make use of for PDF's.

yes 100% the viv is a hand build. 3x3x2ft waterfall, pond with tropical fish in it. fogger to keep a proper humidity cycle. all controls with an evo pro thermostat. and jungle dawn led lighting for 12 hours a day for plant growth

Beautiful.

So do you hook him when you need to do cage maintenance?

sometimes. the branches can be removed easily, so i just remove them with him on it

Soldato
GTPs custom planted viv,

Stunning little man :) and the viv looks fantastic mate and really love the idea of an aquarium in the tank too, may do that in the future for some Brazilian Rainbow Boas or even if I decide I just want a display snake again GTP or ETB. You really are making me want to do a project like that. It really is gorgeous, only thing I would say is maybe add a bit more foliage at the top corners and lower branches corners not too much but enough for him to hide in if he feels insecure, don't add a hide box on a branch he will only stay in it and depending where you have it he will not thermoregulate correctly then as he will feel safe in it and never come out to the point his body temp will be all over the place.But a bit of foliage in the corners of the branches will help him relax more and would add a bit more eye candy too.

Fantastic job mate and he looks in great condition :).

Soldato
Not jealous one little bit.....:mad::mad:, Stunning looking snake.

I've decided to pass on getting another Boa and im going to go with a arboreal species instead and make a custom viv to fir next to my chimney breast, just deciding what to go for.

LOL Doran has really made you want one now I see :) they are stunning the GTP and ETB in a setup. Just have to think of them like an aquarium fish, that you only ever handle when examining them, or you could hope to the snake gods you get a gentle beast that doesn't mind being handled, but as Doran said once you get the buggers out of their home they calm down to a point you can handle them but they will take a go at you if they have half a chance, but if you are an experienced snake handler and had some with an attitude before you will be fine really, just be willing to get nailed on the face if you let them too close, snake hook really is the best way to handle them at arms reach.

Yes really have a good think what you want between the Boas and an arboreal snake, just also remember with a GTP or ETB they require good humidity control and tank spraying often so they drink off the foliage and branches and the walls as they can be a pain if you expect them to drink from a water bowl, I use to even take a syringe and stick it down the rodents mouth and get some water into them with reptile vitamins and minerals mixed in and dust them with the vitamins and minerals too. I give all my snakes a dusting of vits and mins every feed just to keep them good and sometimes add water into the rodents if I don't see them drinking often enough or looking like they need a drink.

If you get a GTP or ETB make sure to get a snake hook and grabber if you don't currently have one. I never had them for my snakes before the GTP pair as I never needed them but you realise for the buggers you do, I only have one huge snake hook now for my Burmese when shes being enclosure defensive which is very rare but does happen from time to time, so better to be safe than sorry with her, gets a bit scary sometimes as shes my baby (18 feet 2 inches of her) and I sometimes go straight in and she gives me the look of are you stupid do you not see it is my day off and I will nail you, but 99% of the time she comes straight to me and wants to say hello and then I take her out when I realise shes not going to do anything unexpected, but a snake hook is a great to always have if you keep any snakes really because you never know but for GTPS and ETB a grabber will be a nice addition too and the grabber can be used to give them food too from a safe distance if you are bit nervous of being nailed by accident when feeding. So make sure to prepare all the bits if you are missing them before you get the monsters ;).

I like your idea of converting a display cabinet into a viv, that's a good idea but make sure to treat the inside with boat varnish as you will be spraying the tank and sealed with aquarium silicone sealant.

Soldato
I think a GTP and ETB are abit out of my price range atm ive seen a few Everglade rat snakes localy that i think look stunning but this plan may be put on hold as local pet shop who i had my previous boa off who was a rescue got in touch with me earlier on they have a colombian rainbow boa in after the keeper could no longer keep her and they have asked if i would like to take it off them. Shes 3years old and around 4foot long, popping down tomorrow have a look at her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom