Show Us Your Racks

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Thats always good to hear about IT! a lot of people moan about it... a lot :p

Oh I moan, just ask the office manager who I sit next to! But deep down I like it, not many places that where Id get the exposure and responsibility of this tech 6 months out of uni!

Soldato
10 users at the moment probably be 15 in a couple of months.
Its small but I'm proud of our setup. When I started all we had was a Belkin router. So I feel in 6 months we've come quite far and there is always the potential to grow further.

The director is quite switched on and understands the need for spending on IT so I imagine in a year or so we will have something different.

I do enjoy working here and managing our small environment as it's a learning curve for me.
thats good!
last place I worked at wouldn't invest in IT at all, was pointless me being there!

Associate
I work as a fibre optics engineer and have had to terminate fibre /put panels in cabs with patch cables in the way >.<.

The fibre patch cables are the worse since bending them too much is the same as unplugging, add the fact sometimes they're patched in far too tight!

Please make your patching-in neat guys :'( :plol

Associate
A small collection of boxes in reading :D

photo1vj3.jpg

some imgs[/IMG]

I know where this is! ;)

Baz

Baz

Soldato
At Symantec on a course this week in Reading, I so want to have a look at their data centre, but they require biometrics and they have a fair bit of security.

The demo suite though is good. :)

Soldato
I don't work for them any more so I don't get to go in there :(

This is my new rack, I really need to get around to tidying it up:

Lpf43.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe so, but it makes my skin crawl every time I got in there to change the backup, I cannot stand it! lol

Trying to look for a firebox or something similar so I can rackmount the firewall (that dell pc to the left) instead of having it sit on the floor.

wij

wij

Associate
IMG_20101118_204634.jpg

One of our small switch racks, ready to go out on a job :)

Being used for some IPTV stuff, a few phones and APs.

Soldato
iDRAC mainly but there is a slide out KVM tray as well.

I prefer the fronts off :) yes your correct, that ISDN2e monitors our LES

Nooo, fronts on for the win.

My company's servers are collocated in an ISPs datacenter but will grab some snaps when I'm there next, got a fully populated Dell bladecenter, 3 fully loaded r710s with am EMC FC SAN, big 48 slot FC tape library etc etc. Not a bad setup :)

Back
Top Bottom