• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Benchmark

Caporegime
Hasn't it been said many times that average fps only tells you so much, minimum fps are also very important.
Also, as it happens, isn't that what Mantle usually helps out a lot in?

Come on Matt, tell us how to get minimum fps so we can see how much difference Mantle makes!

See the post above me. I'm far from an expert at this. :p

Caporegime
See the post above me. I'm far from an expert at this. :p

Shouldn't there be guys who work for AMD who can do this for you if you don't know how to use Excel or other basic tools? I am not having a pop but AMD are very tight with Firaxis on this, so asking on a forum seems a little...well....lame in truth. You work and represent AMD and these things should be sorted in house really.

Still, Havana was very kind to tell you how to do it with Excel :)

Associate
Not sure if its been mentioned, but its probably worth noting what CPU is used. If civ:BE is anything like 5 its going to be a fair difference between amd/intel cpu's.

Soldato
Oh I'm so into this now :p

I converted frame time to FPS and made a graph :)

be_fps.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Shouldn't there be guys who work for AMD who can do this for you if you don't know how to use Excel or other basic tools? I am not having a pop but AMD are very tight with Firaxis on this, so asking on a forum seems a little...well....lame in truth. You work and represent AMD and these things should be sorted in house really.

Still, Havana was very kind to tell you how to do it with Excel :)

Very much having a pop and do stop with this... Well lame approach at matt. It's getting old now Gregster
If you don't like this reply then maybe you can delete this post for me?

Owait

It's not nice at all now.

What's excel got to do with Matt job anyway? And most people who never even used excel wouldn't call it basic it's far from basic depending on what you doing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Very much having a pop and do stop with this... Well lame approach at matt. It's getting old now Gregster

Owait

Matt works for a professional company and these things should be sorted in-house and not on a forum is all I see it as but if it seemed I was having a pop, that wasn't the intention. It just makes AMD look very amateurish and extremely unprofessional. Not a good advert.

Edit:

As for Excel, that was something I taught myself whilst being a union rep, so it made my job of sorting rosters out a lot easier. Maybe it is harder than I thought? Anyway, enough of that and back on topic :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Matt works for a professional company and these things should be sorted in-house and not on a forum is all I see it as but if it seemed I was having a pop, that wasn't the intention. It just makes AMD look very amateurish and extremely unprofessional. Not a good advert.

It doesn't seems unprofessional at all. Not everyone who starts a new job has all the skills to go with what ever job they doing.
Most people learn new skills while working and so on.

Excel has nothing to do with his roll.

Your just finding anything to have a dig and I have noticed this a lot over months on here and even more worst since he got the job.

EDIT
Yeah back on topic now I'll say no more.

Soldato

Owait

What's excel got to do with Matt job anyway? And most people who never even used excel wouldn't call it basic it's far from basic depending on what you doing.

Are you his wife? Matt is big enough to fight his own battles if he so chooses to. Not every criticism in life needs to be turned into a defensive battle for goodness sake.

Soldato
Just lately I see this forum being used as a marketing tool, not really my cup of tea, But I definately would be asking my colleagues if they knew how to use excel rather than post it in a graphics card forum.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Excel shenanigans gives me the right proper heeby-geebys :confused:

Could you please please please with a big fat cherry on top decipher this output file for me? Love you long time :p

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=82953396366400876184 (Civ:BE output file )

Average FPS was 123.47

Frametime chart:
be_frametime_spudley.jpg

By-frame-FPS chart:
be_fps_spudley.jpg

Interesting that your frame times were very consistent to begin with...then went all over the place like mine!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom