• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Benchmark

Soldato
civgraphuiqu3.jpg

Am I doing it right ? :p

FPS / Frame Number

No, you need to do 1000/(50000/number of frames drawn), which is 1000/average frame time

Associate
The other thing looking at is,Why is my run 6111 frames long & all the others shorter if its a fixed test?

& after reading the whole argument on the other thread about mantle / DX11 whats the best too apply to this data, mode, mean or median average or go more standard deviation?

Last edited:
Associate
I dont know if this might be why, but I did install the 344.48 driver this moring & gained almost 100 points on my firestrike ultra run over my origianl 344.16 best of 3626. what did you all run it using?

Soldato
The other thing looking at is,Why is my run 6111 frames long & all the others shorter if its a fixed test?

& after reading the whole argument on the other thread about mantle / DX11 whats the best too apply to this data, mode, mean or median average or go more standard deviation?

The test is a fixed length of time, but the number of frames rendered is a function of the frame time. The faster you're rendering frames the more frames will be rendered during the 50 second benchmark, hence the higher your average FPS.

My PC (i7 4770K + 780Ti) rendered 5597 frames in 50 seconds, therefore with an average (mean) of 112 FPS.

Your PC (i7 3930K + 980, I think?) rendered 6111 frames in 50 seconds, therefore with an average (mean) of 122 FPS.

Benchmark tests normally give a min, max & mean. Those three figures are the most useful for directly comparing the performance of multiple systems.

I dont know if this might be why, but I did install the 344.48 driver this moring & gained almost 100 points on my firestrike ultra run over my origianl 344.16 best of 3626. what did you all run it using?

Mine was also using the latest 344.48 driver, and it's quite normal to gain performance with driver updates. You're more likely to see gains that me, too, because your card is very new and there's probably quite a bit of optimisation to be done yet, whereas my 780Ti is mature, and will likely only see significant performance gains with new titles as nVidia release optimised drivers.

Man of Honour
OP
I just managed to get 4527 frames in 50 seconds which works out @90.54fps @4K on my stock 290Xs.

I think there will be a tool available soon to work out the scores and as soon as it is ready to use I will post the link in the OP.

Soldato
Shouldn't there be guys who work for AMD who can do this for you if you don't know how to use Excel or other basic tools? I am not having a pop but AMD are very tight with Firaxis on this, so asking on a forum seems a little...well....lame in truth. You work and represent AMD and these things should be sorted in house really.

Still, Havana was very kind to tell you how to do it with Excel :)

Think you'll find they are busy working away making game ready drivers for the likes of Civ and SOM on AMD.

Aim it at Firaxis mate and give the poorly veiled attacks a rest, Firaxis made the game not AMD.

Caporegime
I have several websites I have done and could do that but I have everything for that on my Windows 7 drive, which is out of my machine at the mo :(

Leave it with me Googaly and I will see if I can find my ftp details.

Caporegime
Good work Googaly and we might finally see some bench results. I still need to grab this but will and will post my results up :)

Maybe Kaap will add that to the OP and give a simple explanation of what to do and how to do it. Very simple tool to use (well done again Googaly).

Man of Honour
OP
Greg has kindly hosted my webpage.
You can find it here:
http://www.gpuandmore.com/benchmark_results.html

Just copy the contents of the csv file into the text box and click the button.
It should tell you the Min, Avg and Max FPS and draw the graph.

Good work Googaly and we might finally see some bench results. I still need to grab this but will and will post my results up :)

Maybe Kaap will add that to the OP and give a simple explanation of what to do and how to do it. Very simple tool to use (well done again Googaly).

Nice work GoogalyMoogaly and Gregster

And here is our first result for the scoreboard.

1080p
DX11
290X @1000/1250
4930k @4.0
14.9.2 Driver

XJFlLug.jpg

Give me a few minutes and I will put instructions into the OP.

Back
Top Bottom