***Sid Meier's Civilization VII***

Gwendoline Christie has been announced as the voice of the narrator for Civil 7

I didn't mind Sean Bean but I really missed Leonard Nimoy from Civ 5, hopefully Gwendoline will memorable for all the right reasons.

Last edited:
I think they've gone in the wrong direction with this. I'll just sit back and get popcorn ready for when the steam reviews appear.

Personally I had Civ 4 then Civ 6. I really didn't like 6 very much. I tried 5 because everyone says it's the best, but it just felt too old to me so I didn't get on with it.

I'm also really sick of dlc and civ has loads of it.

Last edited:
Over 1000 hours played in Civ 1
Over 1000 hours played in Civ 2
Over 1000 hours played in Civ 3
Over 1000 hours played in Civ 4
Over 1000 hours played in Civ 5
Over 1000 hours played in Civ 6

Will I get Civ 7?

Well...yes, its a no-brainer for me based on that track record :)

Will probably wait until one or two of the expansions are out. Both Civ 5 & 6 felt incomplete on release ; 6 was the one I've played the least. I'm curious if Firaxis still have the talent to pull this off - seem to be on a downward trajectory over the last decade. Also, interesting they've decided to "nab" some of the game mechanics from Humankind. That was a bit undercooked, will the same happen to Civ 7 ?

Continuing with the Quill19 videos, episode 4 talks about combat and commanders:

The basics seem much like 5/6, but the new Commanders are a big change. Instead of units getting promotions and experience, it goes to commanders who then grant benefits to the units near them - or can boost unit production in cities. That's going to change things a lot, but I'm a bit concerned on how boosting units within a single tile is actually going to work in practice. There's also an ability to stack units on the Commander but only while moving, not fighting. That should simplify movement across the map a lot, and its boosted by some kind of reinforcement mechanic that will automatically move units across the map to replace lost units.

That sounds like it might be good or might be bad, depending on how well its implemented. The main thing I hope for is better AI for the computer controlling units, which has been a real problem in 5 and 6. Finally, we have Crisis and Legacy Paths:

Not a lot of detail here, but the structure seems clear. We have a cycle of crisis and renewal linked to the new Ages thing, and hardcoded into the game. I'm not sure I really like that, it seems quite artificial, but on the other hand it's going to add a lot to the game. I think I'll have to spend time with it to decide what I think about it.

So, overall, I'm quite excited after watching those videos. I've always been a big fan of the series, and even Civ VI I played for long enough to feel I got my money's worth, so there's every chance I'll spend a lot of time with it.

darn, my search didnt find this for some reason, and i looked for differant cobination of titles.
Sorry Mod team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom