Silent Hill 2 PC

Konami also created a lengthy video about all of this & interviewed some legendary behind the scenes talent involved in the production! in a fun only Konami could get away with this style ;)

Awesome. Takes me back to my childhood on the PSX. I have always been a much bigger Resident Evil fan, but I remember finding Silent Hill a lot more scary and creepy. Will defo buy this. Glad to see it is UE5 too.

Next year is looking great for horror games, assuming that this is released next year, we have -

Alan Wake 2
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill 2

Maybe more as well but these are the ones i'm hyped for.

There's a new gameplay trailer for PS5 out, it looks... rather mediocre, no cinematic appeal, gun sounds in an empty area are weak and lack punch, QUICK TIME EVENTS?!?!?!

Also I know it's PS5 so reserve judgement until the PC reveal is out, but it appears to be visually downgraded from the previously release media?

Dunno, looks good to me, maybe because I expected less from Bloober. A bit too much like Resi but well.

I wouldn't associate SH with cinematic appeal or super-punchy combat, the game's 80% atmosphere and story, 20% combat. If they can deliver that, it'll be good.

Can't watch it with sound on now but visually I don't see too much downgrading TBH, maybe I don't remember the reveal trailer too well.

If they dumbed down the puzzles and focused on combat, then that would be a bigger eff up. It works in RE4 but it won't work here.

Last edited:
It looks to me like they've tried to emulate what The last of us did combat wise, close in camera when aiming with a good kick of recoil, big heavy, impactful melee strikes with the camera doing work to try and sell the effects as well. Except it feels like they may have missed the mark with the animations, hard to tell properly from the limited footage. I don't think it will get away with having rubbish combat these days though, the standard has increased quite a bit for these types of games since the originals were first released.

They won't get away with rubbish combat if they put too much of it into a game that wasn't centered around it, and looking at the trailer, they might've gone in that direction but I'll reserve my judgment till I play it since there's nothing in this clip that screams "rubbish combat" outright. Average, most probably, which won't be a problem if they don't overdo it and focus on what's important in the series. Average mechanics is precisely what I expected from Bloober, I'm just afraid they'll ruin the rest of it and not really sure why it's them making this.

Last edited:
Don't know what to do, now. I've never played it.

I have a PS2 hooked up and SH2 inside waiting to be played. Unfortunately, when I plugged in my PS2 controller it has given up the ghost, it seems.

So.. wait for this or experience the original and buy a new PS2 controller.

My biggest fear is that the remake won't be faithful (or an improvement) and I'll ruin what everyone tells me is one of the best games in history...

Don't know what to do, now. I've never played it.

I have a PS2 hooked up and SH2 inside waiting to be played. Unfortunately, when I plugged in my PS2 controller it has given up the ghost, it seems.

So.. wait for this or experience the original and buy a new PS2 controller.

My biggest fear is that the remake won't be faithful (or an improvement) and I'll ruin what everyone tells me is one of the best games in history...
Go with this. https://enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
The new remake looks like a bad resident evil remake

I hope I’m wrong about that but I’m not holding my breath

Last edited:
Go with this. https://enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
The new remake looks like a bad resident evil remake

I hope I’m wrong about that but I’m not holding my breath
Nice, but having just looked at availability of SH2 PC, it's basically not available, and people are asking >£100 for a 2nd hand copy. Also I don't have a DVD drive anymore, lol.

Bummer that it's not on GOG.

At least the PS2 version on the bay was only a couple squid.

I'm in no way advocating such actions but in these instances would sailing on the high seas be so bad?
Not morally, but it's a minefield to find a download that isn't riddled with malware (talking PC version and installing with admin rights).

The sites people say are "legit" one month, have health warnings the next. To me it's just not worth the risk.

Since I already own the PS2 disc, I'd be perfectly entitled to go down the PS2 emu route. If I can't grab a new controller that's probably what will happen.

Back
Top Bottom