Silent Hill 2 PC

I know the stream is only 1080p 30fps but man there's obvious stutter in the entire gameplay being shown and there's ghosting on every moving leaf lol.

I predict megascenes with optimisation by Bloober if this is this is what the release game looks like.

Hellblade 2 should be the benchmark on how to do UE5 games properly, that game is optimised properly and looks/runs so good.

Ok so the 4K footage just released of the same gameplay looks smoother, although it still has the ghosting and there is traversal hitching or micro stuttering in various places:

Oh no....

Hopefully this isn't a case of blame shifting already starting early lol.

My enthusiasm has somewhat waned for this title. Unless it gets good reviews I might not grab it on launch. Might preorders if I find it under £35 and then cancel if reviews turn out crap.

Bought a ps2 to play the original and is a stone cold classic imo but this game has had the ugly females treatment, the feminists have got this one.
I don't hold much hope for this tbh
What did trump say? Everything woke turns to...

Ahh they have appeased the fabled modern audience I see. The same modern audience that will not buy the game and hence it'll massively underperform and they will blame the players for being "chuds" and the cycle will continue. I don't know why I still get excited for new games and long awaited remakes of classics these days. Like I have the MGS Snake Eater remake at the top spot of my Steam wishlist, when I know deep down I'm going to be disappointed.

I hope I am wrong as I loved the original. If its just the ridiculous uglification I can live with it, but from what I have seen so far I am not impressed. Definitely going to wait this one out and wait for Steam reviews.

Reactions: TNA
Ahh they have appeased the fabled modern audience I see. The same modern audience that will not buy the game and hence it'll massively underperform and they will blame the players for being "chuds" and the cycle will continue. I don't know why I still get excited for new games and long awaited remakes of classics these days. Like I have the MGS Snake Eater remake at the top spot of my Steam wishlist, when I know deep down I'm going to be disappointed.

I hope I am wrong as I loved the original. If its just the ridiculous uglification I can live with it, but from what I have seen so far I am not impressed. Definitely going to wait this one out and wait for Steam reviews.

I think it is 3rd or 4th on my wishlist. Would be higher, but I just don't have much faith in the developer/publisher.

Will judge it when it is out. Hopefully keeps what was good about the original and improves it rather than removing and changing things.

This is looking better with every trailer.
Can't decide on pc or ps5 for it, quite fancy being on the couch in the dark for it but not if performance mode on ps5 is pants.

Hopefully get reviews for performance on pc and ps5 well ahead of release..... but I doubt it.

If you have a RTX card then PC is a no brainer as it has much cleaner ray RT denoising than the console which does not support ray reconstruction so has a lot of image instability in relfections and indirect diffuse illumination areas, much like how RDNA cards will show it too.

If you have a RTX card then PC is a no brainer as it has much cleaner ray RT denoising than the console which does not support ray reconstruction so has a lot of image instability in relfections and indirect diffuse illumination areas, much like how RDNA cards will show it too.
Didn't realise this had ray tracing in it at all. Other than ue5 software lumen.
That would definitely push me to the pc as I've got a 4090. Hopefully no stutter.

Last edited:
Lumen is still Rt remember, and on PC media it's clearly using ray reconstruction (or something like it) as there's no denoising instability which is always visible on PC on UE5 games without RR:

Back
Top Bottom