Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

I'm considering coffee machine upgrades. Currently I have an OPV-modded Gaggia Classic. I'm considering either a cheapish PID mod or spending more and getting a new machine. I almost never ever ever steam milk and I'm really just bothered about consistent espresso quality (especially if I have to make two shots in a row, which the Gaggia kind of sucks at).

Anyone have any thoughts?

The Crossland CC1 looks shiny...

edit: Crossland CC1 hard to get over here. The Sage Duo-Temp Pro sounds interesting though info seems a bit sparse. Reading a review on coffee forums atm...

Last edited:
/\/\/\/\/\ The Columbia Suarez is good (one of my Faves from last year) I bought a Sumatran also when they were offering free postage just before Xmas. The one on the left, I'm expecting on Monday (Hopefully)

Coffee Syrup? What is THAT doing there? Coffee that good doesn't need Syrup.... ;)

EDIT: Curse - I would've held off for a couple of days for my order if I knew about the Fathers day discount.. :mad:

Last edited:
IMO Hasbean are the best. I've been buying beans from them (or via a coffee shop) on & off for over 3 years now & I've never had what I consider to be a bad batch. Rave & Bella Barista I've bought from both a few times now & are good value, but there's something about Hasbean that makes them stick out from the rest.

IMO Hasbean are the best. I've been buying beans from them (or via a coffee shop) on & off for over 3 years now & I've never had what I consider to be a bad batch. Rave & Bella Barista I've bought from both a few times now & are good value, but there's something about Hasbean that makes them stick out from the rest.

Agreed - the customer service at Hasbean is outstanding

I really like Rave, the suarez is an excellent flat white bean which I always seem to get a really consistent shot from with my setup (porlex + gaggia).
Almost good to the point that I don't like experimenting with any other types of coffee....

So i have ended up with a Nespresso machine, and its fantastic love the simplicity and general ease of use, no worry of beans going off either.

Not sure what i expected but finally had a Clover brewed coffee at a random Starbucks (i know, strike me down for my sins) somewhere in New Jersey... I literally landed, got a hire car and headed towards a meeting and pulled off somewhere for breakfast.

if you've not seen / heard of it: http://www.chow.com/food-news/54246/you-cant-afford-this-coffee-maker/

Its pretty old news, but the machine is very cool, would love to put some decent beans through it, but as it is the junk i selected - 'reserve' Papua New Guinea Ulya - just tastes like all their other over roasted rubbish, disappointed :(

Its a real shame as it was a really promising machine before SB bought it up and took it off the market

Hasbean Steve has a couple of those machines. IIRC they were many thousands of quid originally.

They are pretty impressive, but Starbucks bought Clover and withdrew them from sale. Basically shafted everyone who had bought one too.

Bah!

Back
Top Bottom