Silverstone Sugo SG05

Soldato
CA-063-SV_400.jpg

Silverstone SG05B Mini-ITX Case available to pre-order. Designed for use with Mini-DTX and Mini-ITX motherboards, the SG05 is the smallest Sugo yet. For the first time in a case of this size, the SG05 is equipped with a low speed 120mm fan that is mounted to create positive air pressure, ensuring a good balance of cooling and quietness. Other notable features include the ability to accept 9" long graphics card, room for thicker 2.5 inch hard drives such as Western Digital’s VelociRaptor, full-height for retail boxed CPU coolers and an 80+ certified 300W power supply. BUY NOW for just £89.99 inc. VAT.

Soldato
I don't suppose you could tell me if Silverstone have something more mATX flavoured in the pipeline? ;)

These look nice cases but i'm not sure what that PSU would be able to cope with, or what there are in terms of boards.

Soldato
New rig coming Friday;

E5200
Zotac 9300-WiFi
HIS 4850 IceQ 512MB
4GB Corsair DDR2-800
Silverstone NT06-E
Silverstone SG05

+ various cables, adaptors etc. to make it all work together. HDD is coming from my current rig (for now) and the Optical Drive is one i stripped from an old laptop.

Can't wait! Will post pics when it arrives :D

Last edited:
Associate
New rig coming Friday;

E5200
Zotac 9300-WiFi
HIS 4850 IceQ 512MB
4GB Corsair DDR2-800
Silverstone NT06-E
Silverstone SG05

+ various cables, adaptors etc. to make it all work together. HDD is coming from my current rig (for now) and the Optical Drive is one i stripped from an old laptop.

Can't wait! Will post pics when it arrives :D

I would be interested in hearing about your build experiences. Thinking of transplanting my Q9450 CPU into a very similar setup for HTPC use. Are you going to use a slimline drive in it?

Soldato
I would be interested in hearing about your build experiences. Thinking of transplanting my Q9450 CPU into a very similar setup for HTPC use. Are you going to use a slimline drive in it?

I stripped a broken laptop for the DVD drive, might add the 2.5" HDD from it to the build too. I'll pop up a thread tomorrow/Saturday about how I get on and will add plenty of photos of the build. This is going to be my main PC (Antec 900 et all is getting shipped off to a new owner next week) so i'm kinda nervous about the whole thing!

If you're after good info on the case/mobo then check out the threads here;

http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102&order=desc

Seems a few yanks already have systems built!

Associate
I stripped a broken laptop for the DVD drive, might add the 2.5" HDD from it to the build too. I'll pop up a thread tomorrow/Saturday about how I get on and will add plenty of photos of the build. This is going to be my main PC (Antec 900 et all is getting shipped off to a new owner next week) so i'm kinda nervous about the whole thing!

If you're after good info on the case/mobo then check out the threads here;

http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102&order=desc

Seems a few yanks already have systems built!

Thanks, currently have my setup in a Antec Fusion Remote Max with a Sapphire 4850 Toxic but was going to sell the GFX on & use the onboard. Waiting for Auzentech to release their HD Home Theatre Soundcard & was probably going to go for an external dual DVB-T card to replace my PCI Express one. I have a 640GB WD Drive that I would transport over too

Soldato
I stripped a broken laptop for the DVD drive, might add the 2.5" HDD from it to the build too. I'll pop up a thread tomorrow/Saturday about how I get on and will add plenty of photos of the build.

satchef1, can you confirm if it is possible to fit TWO 3.5 HDDs (with a second slung under the first) - the pix seem to show it would be possible and both would be cooled from the front 120mm fan.

Mul

Mul

Associate
With the lack of 780G ITX boards with PCI-E 16x and Phenom II support, I'm jumping back on the Core 2 Duo bandwagon and got myself a cheap E8400 off an auction site. Have the following coming next week:

Zotac GeForce 9300 Mini ITX
Silverstone SG05 Black
Samsung 8x DVD+/-RW SATA Black
Coolermaster GeminII

to go with my existing Barracuda 7200.10 160GB HDD, 2GB PC2-6400 and GeForce 8800GT. On another note, would you guys say a Thermalright TRad2 and a slimline 120mm fan of 12mm depth will fit?

Update -

Ordered a Scythe Shuriken and an Akasa Vortexx Neo GPU cooler instead :)

CPU arrived today, the rest will arrive on Friday.

Last edited:

Mul

Mul

Associate
Mine's semi built. The remainder of my parts are sitting in my existing rig at halls. I'm moving back in tomorrow and will post photos of the finished build but here's a few for now.

case1f.jpg

case2m.jpg

case4.jpg

mb2k.jpg

mb3a.jpg

mb4k.jpg

mb5d.jpg

cas3g.jpg

On the whole it feels like a nicely built case. The front fan and psu fan is reasonably quiet too. A reminder to others though that you're going to need a mini SATA to SATA adapter to get anywhere with the slimline DVDRW. I forgot :o

Last edited:
Associate
What MB is that?
looks pretty cool, is that a pcie i spy their?

could be a awesome lan rig, with that cases colling potential.

also can you post the temps that frezzer pro flat thingy is putting out when you've completed.

Permabanned
Mul anychance you can post a picture from the I/O ports just wondering if that cooler overlaps the edge of the mobo also is that the scythe Shuriken cooler?

cheers

Mul

Mul

Associate
Indeed it is the Scythe Shuriken. The cooler doesn't get anywhere near the I/O ports but there is a very slight overlap on the right edge of the motherboard. It's not enough to cause a problem with any case though really. I'm at halls and the light in the room is dreadful. I'll have a photo for you tomorrow at daylight :)

So far I'm very impressed with both case and motherboard. I'd also recommend that OcUK adds the Scythe Shuriken to their cooling range as it's very quiet and performs reasonably well.

What's even better is that it's no weakling of an overclocker either. I reached a maximum FSB of 405 and am currently aiming for normal use stability at 400FSB with Prime95 :)

core2itx405.jpg

Back
Top Bottom