Silverstone Sugo SG05

Associate
really would like to see those pics, i got my winnings from bit-tech and have just purchased a Q9450, now all i need is the ram and the HDD and the Corsair H50 so i hope to have it done by the end of the month.
I have attached a photo of my winnings :p

26974_406801410638_641910638_5578152_2455019_n.jpg

Associate
Case: Silverstone SG05B Mini ITX
Mobo: DFi Lanparty LP MI P55-T36 mini-ITX
CPU: Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz (Lynnfield) - Retail
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 with 2 Silent eagle fans, CPU at stock 31 degrees
GFX: 1GB Saphirre HD 5770
RAM: OCZ obsidian 4GB (2x2GB)
HDD: 1 40gb kingston ssd

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Associate
mc'lovin it

Hey all, been enjoying this thread and the rest of the SFF section for the last few months, love all the updates with your builds, tres cool. Keep them comming!

@ fireisdangerous - Nice temps on your cpu! Can I ask how the southbridge or MCP is temp wise? Looks great btw!

Job for the weekend is extending the ATX cable and sleeving the rest of the PSU feeds then Im ready to start assembly...

All the new bits are sitting in the front room thanks to OCUK :) -
Silverstone Sugo SG05B
Saphire VapourX HD5770
OCZ Vertex SSD

And donated by friends...
E6600 65nm 2.4GHz 1066MHz FSB
2x2gb xms2 - 800Mhz - 444-12
Zotac 9300 iTX e-i
Scythe Big Shuriken

Thanks for all your build pictures, they have been really helpful. With any luck I can add my own in the next few weeks! :)

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone managed to get 2x3.5" HDDs in this thing? If so did the 2.5" bay have to go?

..considering one of these for a headless Windows7 box to run iTunes, torrents, Media Center (server only). Will Atom be man enough for this?

Thanks!
Adam

Associate
@ fireisdangerous

From your pics it looks like you have removed the HDD / optical tray, is this right?

Just wondering where you chose to house the SDD you a have?

appreciate your time in responding

Associate
Anyone managed to get 2x3.5" HDDs in this thing? If so did the 2.5" bay have to go?

..considering one of these for a headless Windows7 box to run iTunes, torrents, Media Center (server only). Will Atom be man enough for this?

Thanks!
Adam

I have, my pictures are fairly rubbish but ill try share how i did so.
I removed the optical and 2.5" tray completely.
Attached the 3.5" tray in the same location as you would with 3.5" HDD in place. I then used the supporting arm that is initially used for extra PSU support to support the weight of the 3.5" tray and keep it flat.
The last two steps are bit out there but do the job very well. I had rubber gromits from an old case ~3cm which screwed into the 2nd HDDs underside screwholes sat this on top of the cage then secured front and back sides with a large elastic bank to stop any noticeable movement.

Not perfect and if i was a bit handier metalworker i couldve done something more robust. But the space is definetely there, and im even confident it could handle a fair bit of transportation as it is.

Associate
I have, my pictures are fairly rubbish but ill try share how i did so.
I removed the optical and 2.5" tray completely.
Attached the 3.5" tray in the same location as you would with 3.5" HDD in place. I then used the supporting arm that is initially used for extra PSU support to support the weight of the 3.5" tray and keep it flat.
The last two steps are bit out there but do the job very well. I had rubber gromits from an old case ~3cm which screwed into the 2nd HDDs underside screwholes sat this on top of the cage then secured front and back sides with a large elastic bank to stop any noticeable movement.

Not perfect and if i was a bit handier metalworker i couldve done something more robust. But the space is definetely there, and im even confident it could handle a fair bit of transportation as it is.

Thanks! Any pics to help?

Adam

Back
Top Bottom