Silverstone Sugo SG05

Soldato
not for my sg05 that would be crazy, for my main pc, i was of topic sorry

Was wondering how you were pulling it off for a moment there :p

Having trouble with my rig. Popped a Q9505 in there and now it won't POST all the time (like 2 tries in 3) and the graphics card lights up as having not enough power. Pain in the backside, because when I do get it to POST everthing is fine. It's been like this for a week, the lack of any alternative PSUs means I'm probably going to have to buy a 5770 on the theory that it is lack of power (at which point I bet I find it's a dodgy power connector or something :rolleyes:)

Associate
Right my 5770 has arrived and is installed; as have my 15cm UV Green SATA cables. Need to get time to finish trimming and sleeving the GPU power cable then I'll post full pics of the case and mods.

Still umming and ahhing over what optical drive to use and thinking about putting a third hard drive in as main storage and running in off the USB like the optical drive.

Oh and I've made 2 chains of 5 UV LEDs that I run off the motherboard Power and Hdd activity points giving some nice lighting.

I'm busy training to be a lifeguard next week so it'll be the week after before I finish up.

Associate
Sg05 and zotoc 9300 stable at 52degrees C at full load.

ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi Socket 775
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz (FSB 1333MHz) Socket 775
Samsung SN-S083 Notebook DVD
Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5C 2x2GB DDR2
SST SUGO SG05B BLACK MINI ITX

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/pt4n/

Associate
Hi Guys,
I have just won this Case with a Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi mobo and a Zotac GTS250 GPU.
Now i want to build a little gaming rig but i'm unsure what CPU to go with and how to cool it.
I have been offered a Q9450 at a good price but i'm concerned about keeping that cool, which such limited headroom and little breathing space for the air to flow through, so do i get the Q9450 or would i be better off getting a dual core and cooling that?
any help would be great!

Associate
Caporegime
Associate
it is one amazing case just needs a better psu so you could put the zotac h55 board in and an i3 with a 5850 and you could have a kick ass tiny gamin rig
I'm hoping Silverstone will bring out a more powerful psu in time. I contacted them a while ago and apparently the psu conforms to some standard (can't remember the name off-hand) which means it isn't a 'specific' size to that case. Therefore it's more generic. In fact the psu is made by some Chinese company (fs.. something or other) so you can buy other psus off the shelf. It's just that 300w is currently the most powerful, although come to think of it I'm sure I spotted a 350w a while back ...

Nice cabling Katch! I'm liking the cooler too, it's a thermaltake isn't it? I went with the low profile shruiken. I take it you'll be putting a passive gfx card in there after going to the trouble of getting that beast of a cooler fitted? What one you getting?

Associate
found the solution for cooling my SG05!
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/LAN_Mini_H2O/

Cyberpower have fitted the 120mm fan on the outside of the case, meaning nothing inside needs to be modded and everything will fit as standard.
The biggest concern i had was fitting a 3.5" HDD in there with a H50 watercooling kit and fan also inside there, but by removing the fan from the inside and mounting it to the front this issue goes away

01_400.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
cool little setup buddy, just a word of warning with your version 1 zotac 9300 board. Make sure you flash it to the latest bios which resolves a post hanging issue this version can suffers from. mine was running fine for 7 months and suddenly started hanging while verifying dmi pool and eventually corrupted the os, then I noticed a new bios update that addresses the problem.
Hesky82, you wouldn't happen to know how to find out what version board your running? I'd like to update my 9300 but I don't know which bios instaler to use off Zotacs site. They supply 2, one for each board revision. And from what I can tell the only way to tell your board revision is to look underneath the damn mobo and I'm fed up enough with fiddling with my pc to not want to bother!! Is there any other way to tell?

Soldato
found the solution for cooling my SG05!
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/LAN_Mini_H2O/

Cyberpower have fitted the 120mm fan on the outside of the case, meaning nothing inside needs to be modded and everything will fit as standard.
The biggest concern i had was fitting a 3.5" HDD in there with a H50 watercooling kit and fan also inside there, but by removing the fan from the inside and mounting it to the front this issue goes away

01_400.jpg

Or, fit it internally. Instructions on the Corsair site;

http://forum.corsair.com/upload/h50minipc.pdf

Associate
Silverstone are releasing a new mini itx case. Remember reading about it some time back. That might house the Corsair H50 completely.

http://sffclub.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109:update-silverstone-sg07-specs&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=58

There's info about the new Zotoc H55 mobo aswell.

Alternately, Lan Gear will be releasing a matx case sometime this month called Da Box 100:

http://www.lan-gear.com/microATX.php

Alternately again, Lan Gear are also producing a mini itx case that house 2 x 12 cm fans!

http://www.lan-gear.com/miniITX_spec_mom.php

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm very interested to see what Lan Gear have up their sleeves for mITX. I believe the reveal is scheduled for next week? Whether or not I buy one depends on the size of the thing. If it's designed to take an ATX PSU, full-size optical drive, multiple 3.5" HDDs, a 5870 GPU and a full-size tower cooler then where's the point? It'd be barely any smaller than the DA Box (their mATX case). Personally I think the SG05 is as big as a mITX case should be and it should at least use some SFF components.

I keep thinking Silverstone should be doing an SG05 rev.2. Give us a brushed aluminium finish with a stealthed optical drive bay and the 450W SFF PSU they're developing. Remove the front fan. Place the PSU in the gap between the front of the case and the motherboard, creating enough room for a tower cooler on the CPU. Can't think that there's any other changes that I'd like to see really (other than more sensible cable lengths, longer from the front panel and shorter from the PSU).

EDIT: I didn't realise Lan Gear had published the mITX case specs. Looking good! Full ATX PSU support, slimline optical, 2 x 2.5" drive bays, 1 x 3.5" drive bay, 2 x 120mm side fans and 2 x 80mm rear fans. It's 11.85" long, 9.29" wide and 5.97" tall. To give you an idea of scale the SG05 is 10.9" x 8.7" x 6.9" and the SG07 is 13.8" x 8.7" x 7.5". Looking forward to the pics (and info on how big a CPU cooler it will take) now, sounds like a pretty impressive bit of kit!

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone comment on the chances of getting an Optical drive to fit once a H50 is installed?

Can you mount the fan and rad low enough to get clearance above to mount one?

Back
Top Bottom