Silverstone Sugo SG05

Associate
Yes i could build you one but it would cost you!!!

I wrote to Lan Gear querying the release date. This is the reply i got.

Good morning Pt4n,

The production is almost done but we run out of 1 part just before it ended. This last part will be in stock next week.
We anticipate the production to take another week to get complete. It then directly ship to the distributor in EU. And a message will be posted on the website.
Right now, we are looking for the end of April because it does take 1 month to ship and go through customs.
We truly apologize for the delays. There are a lot of people waiting for the case and we are doing our best to get it out to all of you.

Best regards,

Matt

Lan Gear
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:07 PM, wrote:
Dear LanGear,

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the above Matx computer case. I contacted you in February and was told that the Europe availability will be at the end of March. I have now just seen your website where it says the case will be released at the end of April!!
Why is the release been pushed back and will it be suspended again?

Kindest regards,

Pt4n

Associate
Cool...

I have had a clear out of my old eqiupment to get a bt of a 'warchest' together to fund it...

I realise this is only my 2nd post but ive been on avforums for a while.

I stumbled across this site as I was looking for this kind of build on the net and it directed me to this thread, so I registered in order to explore finding someone who could build me one.

Im actually looking at 3 :

2 low power basic units. One to power hd playback in the bedroom and one unit for my girlfriend to do work on. Then...

1 high end unit to sit in front room and act as game rig plus htpc, with all 3 connected to a server potentially running xbmc....

Thats as far as ive got as i obviously need somebody to discuss and hopefully build...

Associate
Mike it takes no real skill to build systems like this.

Common sense, patients and the literate skills to read manuals are all you really need.

Save yourself some cash and build it yourself, there are plenty of helpful knowledgeable members on here that would be happy to help you along the build.

Take one step at a time, and build one system 1st.

Soldato
I remember when I got started building PCs, I bought a book on how to do it, read through it half a dozen times, and it was easy.

The problems come when you hit a problem like not booting etc. but that's more a case of patience rather than skill. :p

Associate
I understand what you guys are saying but I think the high spec system would take me forever especially when I see what some of you guys build!...im in complete awe of some of the mini itx systems ive seen on here...

Associate
Thanks Tute, really appreciate the advice.

So for a decent spec rig what parts would you recommend? Is it worth waiting for the Da Box 100 or if the SG05 enough??

Like I said earlier im looking for a decent spec rig for living room for gaming a quiet HTPC...then 2 further rigs, 1 my girlfriend can use with office and project on etc and the other for the bedroom to playback streamed hd movies...

Soldato
What's your budget? Either overall, or for each rig separately. Also, is the TV 720p or 1080p? It all makes a big difference to the parts that are suggested.

Building is quite easy once you get your head around how to do it. Doesn't take more than about an hour on the first run, less on every build after that. The tricky part is learning the components, what you should buy and why. The build is the easiest bit of the project. You just plug everything in where the manual tells you to and (assuming nothing goes wrong) you're done.

Last edited:
Associate
Katch, if you are about let me know as I wouldnt mind a system like yours...thats if you build for people...

I might be able to help you out yeah. I don't generally build systems for people but I have a little spare time on my hands at the moment. Doesn't appear to be any private messaging service on this forum - you can email me at - [removed by me] and we'll take it from there.

Last edited:
Associate
Just thought I'd post here to see if anyone has a spare cd cover they wouldn't mind selling? I've posted in the wanted forum if anyone would like to take pity on me! :(

Associate
Well ive finally got my build completed, including a custom mounting of 2x 3.5" HDDs. Couldnt quite justify the price of SSDs yet so kept my 150Gb Raptor. BFBC2 takes ages to load maps though so i might not resist for too long! ;]

Full spec
SG05
DFI P55-T36
I5-750 with retail cooler (got a mini shuriken but not sure itll will quieten it much!)
2x2Gb OCZ Obsidian PC1333
WD 150Gb Raptor
Seagate 1TB
[Seagate 1TB - Backup drive connected via ESATA]
Gigabyte 1Gb 4850 Passive cooler with custom mounted Fan

Ive got a few snaps but need to download from phone first. I didnt really 'do' cable management as its a really squeeze in their but the temps are good and no issues playing BFBC2 on 1920x1080 with high settings.

I love having a small box again, feels efficient! ;]

Back
Top Bottom