Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
"Universal Dual-Lock Seat Slider Kit × 1" on the order receipt and on the product page - "
What's Included - Dual Locking Seat Slider" :)

If you follow the instructions to the letter, the spacings when bolting the mounting rails down are gapped for the TR seats, not the Sparco spacing. I had to bend the adjuster bar slightly (easy), then it was just a case of getting the seat exactly where I wanted it. I had to take the seat off at one point to get better access to the bolts that went in to the bottom of the seat, but again, just a bit fiddly, nothing showstopping at all :).

The TR160 frame is built like a tank btw.

Last edited:
Soldato
"Universal Dual-Lock Seat Slider Kit × 1" on the order receipt and on the product page - "
What's Included - Dual Locking Seat Slider" :)

If you follow the instructions to the letter, the spacings when bolting the mounting rails down are gapped for the TR seats, not the Sparco spacing. I had to bend the adjuster bar slightly (easy), then it was just a case of getting the seat exactly where I wanted it. I had to take the seat off at one point to get better access to the bolts that went in to the bottom of the seat, but again, just a bit fiddly, nothing showstopping at all :).

The TR160 frame is built like a tank btw.
Thanks buddy

Soldato
Just a heads up for anyone looking at buying TrakRacer swivel keyboard tray/desk, i'd suggest finding another solution, unless its going to live its life mostly in the same position. I use my rig daily for both driving and general gaming use. I've had this thing for maybe 5+ months now, its swung in and out multiple times a day and its trash now. Pivot points always need tightening, the swivels are made of cheese and bolts and washers are chewed up to hell. I try not to over tighten things however if you dont nip bolts up reasonably tight its a wobbly mess of a keyboard tray. Its just not held up to the test of time. I had my doubts when I put it together, but I didnt think it would be this bad, this quick. Maybe I'm just asking too much of it? I dunno...
Either way, I'm done with this keyboard tray! I'm on the hunt now for a more robust solution. If anyone is aware of something else on the market? Even if its a similar design with better quality materials. Any solution must allow use of KB/M as shown below, must pivot at multiple points to allow use in both traditional desk style and functional when swung out of the way when I'm driving.
Currently looking at something like this, or something similar. As long as it dosnt use those crappy chinesium pivots that a lot of rig manufacturers like to use.

Mine turned up on Saturday totally out of the blue, on Friday i'd had a email from TR support saying it will be there as soon as possible, they generally don't seem to have a clue what's going on with logistics.
The hinges are a concern they came super loose out of the box and I remembered your post here straight away but once given a few turns they felt ok (for now i fear the nylon washer/bearing will wear quickly),
but my biggest concern is the pivot point under the tray, its a metal on metal part with no bearing or even a nylon washer like the hinges, i fear how thats going to hold up.

Its fairly sturdy now, but guess we will see.

Associate
I have a buttkicker.

I like it and would recommend, it does add to the immersive feel. There might be cheaper ways to achieve the same thing if you’re prepared to do it (I think others here run different puck systems) but I do like the plug and play of the buttkicker.

Soldato
Well thats probably the last time i will ever order from track racer.

I ordered a keyboard swivel add on last year November time and it came about a week ago. Today i was going to install and set it up but upon opening the box, i realized that their is a missing part. the Adjustable profile joint..

I have contacted them via email just now so lets wait and see what happens and if they can send me that part

Soldato
Good luck! Its such a shame that TR's European side of operations just cant get their **** together. They have had like 4 years now since they started struggling with the sim racing COVID boom and just havnt been able to recover from it. Last time I dealt with TR directly, the company director Matt Sten had to get involved. They dont even seem to have tried or want to improve service. It sounds like the US side of operations are in a better state though.

Associate
Are they like Buttkickers? I was looking at them but they are expensive here.

Are they loud?
They are noticeable in volume but not very loud. I've got some sandwiched with some foam to cut down on the rattles.
My setup is very simple.
4 of these:
2 under my pedal board and 2 under my seat.

To drive them I'm using:
2 of these:

They do have pretty bad coil whine when not being used (seems to be affected by the powered USB hub I have next to them) but I've got my rig set up on it's own power adapter so it's only on when in use.

Using SimHub software to drive it all.
A cheap solution that works very well imho.

Last edited:
Associate
They are noticeable in volume but not very loud. I've got some sandwiched with some foam to cut down on the rattles.
My setup is very simple.
4 of these:
2 under my pedal board and 2 under my seat.

To drive them I'm using:
2 of these:

They do have pretty bad coil whine when not being used (seems to be affected by the powered USB hub I have next to them) but I've got my rig set up on it's own power adapter so it's only on when in use.

Using SimHub software to drive it all.
A cheap solution that works very well imho.
Great thanks for that. How do the amplifiers hook up to the pc? Bluetooth?

Back
Top Bottom