Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Don't suppose anyone is using one of the Samsung 57" monitors?

Thinking of swapping out my 49". My sim PC has a 6950XT which should be OK. Won't have 240Hz but 120Hz seems to be considered perfectly fine for sim racing.

Soldato
In the latest episode of Petey buggers about with tactile stuff....

We have the Dayton Audio EX32VBDS-4 IMS
This certainly isn't the prettiest thing, but it damn sure is the best of all the options I've tried on pedals so far without spending silly money (I've used Dayton DAEX32EP-4 / Dayton TT25 / Simagic P-HPR).

This basically does all the subtle stuff that the P-HPRs don't do that well, while also being able to do the powerful stuff without the robotic harshness of the HPRs - and more quietly too. It's a much more natural 'organic' feeling if that makes sense.
Unlike the other two Daytons, this actually can properly shake your leg with stuff like ABS/Lock up if that's what you want.

Comes with a little screw on mount that means you don't have to permanently stick it to something and also makes it easy to fashion your own mount. I printed up a simple mount with threaded inserts that bolts onto the existing HPR mounting plate.

20240221-142914.png

Definitely adding one to the throttle.
These would probably work pretty well on seats too if you don't want to or can't mount the bigger shakers there.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

Had an old monitor kicking around so mounted it to the back of the rig with an old monitor arm, works really well! Moza R12 and KS pre-ordered.

On another note, if anyone races on ACC and is a premium member on RaceDepartment the ACC club have a Spa endurance event on the 13th of April, single driver or teams welcome

Last edited:
Associate
Don't suppose anyone is using one of the Samsung 57" monitors?

Thinking of swapping out my 49". My sim PC has a 6950XT which should be OK. Won't have 240Hz but 120Hz seems to be considered perfectly fine for sim racing.
I have seen a few videos on youtube with people using it. It does look nice. I think for formula cars it would be ideal

Associate
Does anyone use the Precision Sim Engineering Pro Switch Panel? They're back in stock and I'm considering one.

Soldato
I've looked at this multiple times and almost pushed the button. I just can't bring myself to do it though. Whilst not that expensive in the grand scheme, for me it's just too much money for what it is/does. For the tiny amount of times I'd actually use it in game I just haven't been able to justify it to myself.

Looks very nice though!

Soldato
Hey SIM racers. Been getting into this lately in VR with the Ocuk SIM racing club.

And I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile getting a better wheel/pedals? I currently have a Logitech G29 wheel and pedals set. I don't have a racing seat so the wheel is clamped to the desktop via the inbuilt clamp. The pedal are under the desk pushed back against the skirting.

How much better would it be to upgrade and what sort of budget would I need to get a worthwhile upgrade but not break the bank?

Been looking at some YouTube vids and Fanatec CSL or Clubsport bundles seem nice, or a new Chinese brand called Cammus?

I can't fit in a racing seat so whatever I get has to be usable on a tabletop from a standard office chair.

Edit - forget this. I'm going to get a Playseat challenge X instead. Maybe I think about better wheel later.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a few bits on order after ditching my Logi G Pro, sick of waiting for new wheels, shifter etc. Already grabbed a QR2, Fanatec brake performance kit & Clubsport V2.5X wheel. Ordered the following, just waiting on delivery!

• Fanatec GT Extreme Bundle
  • GT Omega Monitor Stand
  • Trak Racer TR160 MK Cockpit with heel plate
  • Sparco R333 Seat Red/Black + Seat Runners
  • Fanatec V3 Pedals

Soldato
Got a few bits on order after ditching my Logi G Pro, sick of waiting for new wheels, shifter etc. Already grabbed a QR2, Fanatec brake performance kit & Clubsport V2.5X wheel. Ordered the following, just waiting on delivery!

• Fanatec GT Extreme Bundle
  • GT Omega Monitor Stand
  • Trak Racer TR160 MK Cockpit with heel plate
  • Sparco R333 Seat Red/Black + Seat Runners
  • Fanatec V3 Pedals
Good luck on the fanatec and trak racer stuff....

Associate
I was fairly lucky with Trak Racer and stock when getting my setup, but did phone them to check on a couple of bits and swap out parts I ordered when the lead times were too long.

Regarding Fanatec, I couldn't bring myself to go into their ecosphere, too much negative/meh talk out there about them. I did start off with buying a VNM shifter and handbrake, but they are currently sitting on my desk doing nothing. I ended up going fully Simagic, which is all also still sitting there not doing anything! Have been too busy with work and other things to get building. I have everything I need, just not the time or wil at present!

Back
Top Bottom