Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
Just wanted something with minimal flex, the GT omega seats aren't the best from what I've read. Are most seats universal and can be added to any cockpit? Quite new to this sort of thing.
I fitted a sparco R33 reclining seat to my Prime - It looks like their seats but you get no flex while breaking so is definitely better but costs a fair bit more

Soldato
I dusted off a G29 with pedals that I've had for 2 years and not used! Currently really enjoying Project Cars 2. There doesn't seem to be many SIM racers having been released lately for PC, or am I overlooking anything decent?

Last edited:
Soldato
New? Not really, but then all the main contenders are constantly updated. I've never been a fan of PC2, terrible physics and very old in the tooth now. iRacing if you want to get serious, ACC, AMS2 are also notable mentions, they are not without their own problems but still very good sims. Assetto Corsa whilst being old still have a very very active community with lots of uptodate community produced content. EA WRC for rally.

Assetto Corsa 2 is due out this summer. There are a number of other promising looking sims due out soon-ish, GTRevival being the prominent one that has my eye.

The thing is with race sims is that as long as the companies keep content updated, there no real need to release new games every year.

Associate
Got an Asetek Forte the other day and some VRS pedals and was a little disappointed with the first few games I played - then loaded up AMS2 with the super karts and that was a hoot!!! anything else you guys think I would like? I obviously like fast

Last edited:
Associate
Got an Asetek Forte the other day and some VRS pedals and was a little disappointed with the first few games I played - then loaded up AMS2 with the super karts and that was a hoot!!! anything else you guys think I would like? I obviously like fast
Which bit were you disappointed with? The Asetek Discord has loads of different setting suggestions for different games and cars. Worth a look.

Associate
Forza motor sport, which I had been enjoying playing on pad with guys I work with cross platform... but it's almost ok on the wheel but the tries don't grip and something isn't right. High speed cars like the Porsche 962 is my favourite car in the game, but you can't control the thing on a wheel...EA sports WRC was just utter trash unless I'm missing somethig???? I racing was a bit confusing and obviously have to start at rookie so wasn't much fun atm, but I will go back to it as it was one of the reasons I built a sim rig. Just glad I found the super karts on AMS2 as that did put a big grin on my face and made me realise that the setup is pretty good and it's just finding the right games

Last edited:
Associate
Forza motor sport, which I had been enjoying playing on pad with guys I work with cross platform... but it's almost ok on the wheel but the tries don't grip and something isn't right. High speed cars like the Porsche 962 is my favourite car in the game, but you can't control the thing on a wheel...EA sports WRC was just utter trash unless I'm missing somethig???? I racing was a bit confusing and obviously have to start at rookie so wasn't much fun atm, but I will go back to it as it was one of the reasons I built a sim rig. Just glad I found the super karts on AMS2 as that did put a big grin on my face and made me realise that the setup is pretty good and it's just finding the right games
Forza Motorsport is not a game I'd use to judge force feedback. The game is trash on a wheel. I'm seconds a lap faster on a controller than I am on my wheel. Stick with iRacing for sure. If your reasonably competent you'll be out of rookies very quickly then make sure you have a specific route you wanna go down. Whether it be single seaters or tin tops. Can save a bunch of cash if you plan your purchases to allow for the bulk buy discounts.

Associate
Fixed that for you...

In all seriousness, solid advice on the purchases! I went in scattergun approach and its cost me a lot of money over the years. Find a series you want to race and buy the content you need for a season.
Yeah I have a good friend who plays a lot of I racing he's told me the same advice as you two have said... Yes I will continue with I racing like you say won't take long to get out of rookie... AMS2 definitely the most fun feeling espically in the suoercarts and American carts the force feedback is great.

Associate
I agree Forza is a not great on wheel, you would think they would put a bit more effort into it being a supposed sim, but then I guess the majority of players are on pad... Not sure what Gt7 is like on a wheel compared to pad if they also have the same problem?

Associate
I agree Forza is a not great on wheel, you would think they would put a bit more effort into it being a supposed sim, but then I guess the majority of players are on pad... Not sure what Gt7 is like on a wheel compared to pad if they also have the same problem?
I found GT7 really enjoyable on the wheel. The licence tests were definitely easier on the wheel.

Associate
Here's the start of my efforts. So much stuff is out of stock currently, no idea when it will be complete. I have a small outbuilding office, gutted the rear desk/project area and slapped a Trak Racer TR160 Mk4 frame in there, with a Sparco R333 seat. Due to space, I will be most likely going triple 27" 1440P screens, VNM pedals, shifter and handbrake, but not decided on base/steering wheel yet.

I have an old work PC on the wall by my desk that I am going to relocate to near ground level on the back wall, to the right of the rig -

MV6ZaRg.jpeg

Tbz3mNB.jpeg

Associate
Here's the start of my efforts. So much stuff is out of stock currently, no idea when it will be complete. I have a small outbuilding office, gutted the rear desk/project area and slapped a Trak Racer TR160 Mk4 frame in there, with a Sparco R333 seat. Due to space, I will be most likely going triple 27" 1440P screens, VNM pedals, shifter and handbrake, but not decided on base/steering wheel yet.

I have an old work PC on the wall by my desk that I am going to relocate to near ground level on the back wall, to the right of the rig -

MV6ZaRg.jpeg

Tbz3mNB.jpeg
looking good m8 I have the same seat its great!

Soldato

MV6ZaRg.jpeg

Tbz3mNB.jpeg

that looks great! Can I ask as I’m looking at the same chair, did the rig come with everything to attach it to TR160?

Associate
I can’t help with PCars2 I’m afraid, I stopped after the first one.

I've just got 3 Hue play bars mounted with the aid of some 3D printed parts. I’m really impressed by the added immersion, simhub once again taking care of another sim racing peripheral - is there anything this programme can’t do?! (Except make me quicker!)

Back
Top Bottom