Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
I usually do ok if it's fixed setups. I don't have a clue how to tweak suspension and stuff. That's why I like the stoopidchallenges TT on PC2, it's default setup (although you are allowed to use loose or stable). I struggle to get on at set times for championships/races, it's much easier to hop on when I get half an hour here and there and do a little hotlapping.

Soldato
Yeah, setups aren't my strong point either, I'll definitely get on stoopidchallenges when I'm done with the decorating in the new place. At my current rate that should be December :p

But I have a new shifter and cockpit to set up when I free the study room of junk which I'm looking forward to.

Associate
Yeah, I really need to sort out my mancave too... I have a list of jobs on the house as well, not getting far with them tbh. We've been in 3 yrs and we've only done the bathrooms so far.

Soldato
Yeah, I really need to sort out my mancave too... I have a list of jobs on the house as well, not getting far with them tbh. We've been in 3 yrs and we've only done the bathrooms so far.
2 months and we've done the kitchen and bathroom, on the master bedroom now, so actually not that far away from sorting out the mancave.

Am I right in thinking you backed FeelVR wheel too?

Associate
Some of the FeelVR reviews have been quite positive, seems like they just need to work on refining the software side, I'm not in any rush for it tbh. I'd rather get it early next year than earlier and less polished, patience is the key to Kickstarter backing (that and keeping your fingers crossed). Part of me thinks I should have just gone and got the sim-plicity 7nm+ kit instead.

Associate
Just installed that stoopid challenges, looks great fun. Only got a chance to do 6 laps but will defiantly be getting involved in it.
Got very limited time so great to have a semi competitive league I can drop into whenever I've got time. Cheers born2bslow.

Associate
Nice one! Check out the telemetry data when you get chance, it’s really useful to see how your inputs compare to others...there is a lot of info output by the udp feed from the game.

Soldato
Some of the FeelVR reviews have been quite positive, seems like they just need to work on refining the software side, I'm not in any rush for it tbh. I'd rather get it early next year than earlier and less polished, patience is the key to Kickstarter backing (that and keeping your fingers crossed). Part of me thinks I should have just gone and got the sim-plicity 7nm+ kit instead.
7nm isn't enough IMHO especially as that's the peak torque rating, the rated or holding torque is only 2.4nm which is the same as the Fanatec csw 2.5. In comparison my 20nm osw has a holding torque of 10nm which allows for more headroom and greater dynamic range.

Associate
7nm isn't enough IMHO especially as that's the peak torque rating, the rated or holding torque is only 2.4nm which is the same as the Fanatec csw 2.5. In comparison my 20nm osw has a holding torque of 10nm which allows for more headroom and greater dynamic range.

My reason for moving to DD is to get better detail, not higher strength FFB. Currently running a T500 and that's strong enough for me, I presume that's lower than the Fanatec 2.5. I think the FeelVR is going to be 12Nm, which judging by the reviews seems to be ok.

Soldato
My reason for moving to DD is to get better detail, not higher strength FFB. Currently running a T500 and that's strong enough for me, I presume that's lower than the Fanatec 2.5. I think the FeelVR is going to be 12Nm, which judging by the reviews seems to be ok.
Thats what I thought before i got the osw but in reality some cars need a lot more ffb strength to feel right. In pc2 i usually run about 40-50 volume depending on the car but some cars eg porsche 919 hybrid around lemans i was running 70 volume to make it feel right and give enough detail. So thats 14nm peak or 7nm of holding torque, not sure how a weaker wheel would feel in those circumstances.

Caporegime
a lot does depend on the game your playing.pc games mostly have things backwards and are renowned for doing it wrong.ideally you just get your wheel set at one right setting and adjust ingame. if you adjusting your wheel and ingame you know its normally a bad game or handling.

Associate
@danoliver1 you joined stoopidchallenges just in time for a tricky combo, Le Mans in the Sauber...good luck with that!

Dg - that may be your opinion but that's far from fact...the amount of time and effort going into the games these days is phenomenal, they wouldn't sell if they were as bad as you make out. Do you even like racing games?

Associate
Quite happy with getting 7th overall and 1st in league 3 on my first race in stoopid challenges, only had time for a few laps.

Looking forward to getting started on the next full championship.

Back
Top Bottom